Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? (/Thread-Who-has-recently-purchased-an-Uninteruptable-Power-Supply-for-their-CPAP)

Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - DeeKaa - 06-30-2022

I know there are plenty of older threads on uninteruptable power supplies (UPS) but hoping to get some current ideas of recent happy purchases from you all. 

I want a pure sine,  just a basic unit that will wake me if power goes out and will also have enough battery power for the Cpap to run it for just a few minutes, to get the machine safely turned off. Then I would hook up my 12 volt battery to the Cpap, a battery that we keep charged up for camping. 

So what is a current brand that you are happy with and trust?

Thanks!

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - Crimson Nape - 06-30-2022

I have and have used many UPS systems in my clients' systems. I've found that the CyberPower brand has a longer time between battery replacement, as opposed to APC. In the long run, battery replacement costs (battery and shipping) can make the initial purchase insignificant.

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - Jeff8356 - 06-30-2022

+1 for CyberPower.  Plus they have a decent selection of pure sine wave models, just depends on what other features you might be interested in.

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - DeeKaa - 06-30-2022

Thank you both! On the Cyberpower site, I cannot see anything that is listed as pure sine. 
I see “simulated sine” or “sine wave” but not “pure sine”. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - Crimson Nape - 06-30-2022

"Sine Wave" is the pure sine wave model.

From CyberPower website:
[Image: 6265_cpu_web_blog_3_upsbuyingguide_image4.jpg]

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - DeeKaa - 06-30-2022

Thanks!

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - DaveCar - 06-30-2022

We're in rural, and suffer a good handful of various power issues each year. Sometimes just a blink or two, sometimes a couple of minutes, or hours.. or maybe every few years.. a coupla days.
For the blinks and minute or two ones.. I wish my UPS didnt start alarming immediately. We should be able to set something like "Alarm when 3 minutes left on battery power" or such.
Those 3am alarms that turn out to need no intervention are annoying.
(first world problems eh ? lol)

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - SevereApnea - 07-01-2022

my CyberPower BU650E manual says:

"Alarm setting: the audible alarm can be turned OFF of ON by quickly pressing the POWER button twice. The default is for the Alarm On." (their English).

I test it by switching the power off. It works!

More expensive PC UPS we have at work have a Mute Alarm button in the front....maybe next time!

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - Ramshot - 07-01-2022

I don't have a pure sine wave UPS, but I have had good luck with my the CyberPower UPS both on my computer and TV.

RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? - Crimson Nape - 07-02-2022

I have some rather large old APC's that don't have a "Silence" option. If we lose power during the night, it sounds like a bird sanctuary. I have to turn them off under threat of bodily harm from the wife. Big Grin