Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 (/Thread-Proprietary-Jack-24VDC-PS-to-Airsense-10)

Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - slam7241 - 07-02-2022

Earlier today, I read in this forum  (I can't find it again) about the proprietary jack (looks like an HDMI jack) for the 24 VDC PS to the Airsense 11 and the difficulty and using  a 12V backup battery to power the Airsense 11 in case of power outage (or camping).

My Airsense 10 has 14945 hrs of usage and is due for a replacement. Should I stick with Airsense 10 instead of going to the Airsense 11.     Currently, I could not even find a jack to fit the Airsense 10.  (I bought the 12 VDC to 24 VDC converter from Amazon $33 and it did not work, and I returned it)

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - Crimson Nape - 07-02-2022

I've been using the KFD brand of power supplies for the Resmed for several years. Here is the link to the 12-24 VDC converter, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQP7G14?psc=1

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - slam7241 - 07-02-2022

Crimson Nape,

I bought the KFD from Amazon also...tried it on my Airsense 10 connected to a 12 VDC car battery.  Did not work, returned it & got another brand TAIFU which came, tried it and it did not work either.  I tested the wiring with a multimeter and made sure the 12 VDC were getting through to the socket that connects to the car cigarette lighter plug, but nothing out from the jack that goes to the CPAP.  

I tested the original 110VAC power supply output to 24VDC that come with Airsense 10 and sure enough, I got 24 VDC from the jack outer all (+) and (-) from the inner wall.  The middle pin register 3.3 VDC.   I am tempted to buy the 110 VAC power supply to 24 VDC for $20.99 from Amazon just to get the proprietary jack that goes into the Airsense 10.  I have a 12 VDC to 24 VDC converter (rated at 240Watt) I can use.

What's holding me back is that my Airsense 10 has 14950 hrs of use & is about to be replaced.  (my appt with my pulmonary Dr. on 7/12/22) and I don't know what machine they are going to upgrade me to.   I am hoping for a bilevel machine Aircurve 10 Vauto (like what you are using) or Aircurve ASV.   The Airsense 11 uses another proprietary jack (looks like HDMI, but is not) and Amazon does not have any power supply for Airsense 11 at this time. I read here in the forum that Air Mini uses the same jack (can't find it on Amazon) and sells for $89      https://lofta.com/products/airmini-dc-converter?currency=USD&utm_campaign=US-Batteries-SMRT-GSN-SHOP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKCAjw2f-VBhAsEiwAO4lNeLxQ9pBl1COcYDBwLT8svkHb31iw8NLXI2CW0MIVZhYJT5IWnjc6thoCWg4QAvD_BwE

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - Jeff8356 - 07-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 04:12 PM)slam7241 Wrote: ... but nothing out from the jack that goes to the CPAP. 

If this happened with two different units then I might suspect the battery or (or connection somewhere).  Check the voltage and connections at the battery.  There may be a low voltage cutoff in those units and if the battery is low they may not work.  And if you where using a cigarette lighter in a vehicle, those sockets can sometimes get light corrosion inside and become unbelievably fussy.

I also noticed with my AS10 that I have to use a little force to get that barrel plug to fully seat properly in the receptacle on the back of the machine.

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - slam7241 - 07-02-2022

That's what I thought also....must be some bad connection with the cigarette lighter...so I actually use alligator clips to connect 12 VDC power to the two poles of the cigarette lighter that comes out of the power supply  and measure with voltmeter on the jack on the other end....nothing...   so, I have to give up.     (maybe the unit has over-voltage protection since the car battery is fully charged at about 13 VDC and the lithium ion battery I tried later was close to 14 VDC. )

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - Jeff8356 - 07-03-2022

I wouldn't think 13-14VDC would be a problem since most vehicles run about that range anyway.

Only other thing that comes to mind is the male lighter plug on the 12/24VDC converter.  Does it have an internal fuse?  Some of them have the older style glass fuse inside.  Would be odd if you got 2 different units with a bad fuse but anything is possible.

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - slam7241 - 07-03-2022

That why I returned the 1st one and ordered a replacement, figuring it should work. What are the chance both of them had a bad fuse. I didn't bother to unscrew the cigarette lighter to check on the fuse. I can always buy the 110VAC to 24VDC power supply for $20.00 just to get the jack.  For all that trouble, maybe it is not worth it. Right now, I am using a (3000 watts) sine wave inverter 12VDC to 110VAC as backup power.  (have not had occasion to use it yet. I still have an old S9 system one that works by direct connect to my 12 VDC deep cycle marine battery, with commercially available jack.) Oh-jeez

RE: Proprietary Jack 24VDC PS to Airsense 10 - E.W. - 09-27-2022

Thanks for that info on the power jack voltages. My 12 V battery will be pretty useless for powering either my Resmed 9
or Resmed 10.  So for this upcoming huricane season I just decided to pull out my old S8 auto. And even with the S8  they
wanted to make it a little hard to use a battery oh it takes a standard plug but  almost all 12 volt plugs have the center pin 
as positive but the S8 has this reversed and uses the center pin for negative.  But in this case all I need to do is rewire my 
home built 12 v cable.