Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] OSCAR results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] OSCAR results (/Thread-CPAP-OSCAR-results)

Pages: 1 2 3

OSCAR results - ovmeadows - 07-04-2022

I have no idea what I'm looking at on the attachment.
I've been on CPAP in the past; awful experience.  Currently on BiPAP (3yrs).  About 6 months ago I discovered no one was really looking at nightly results on any regular or semi regular basis.  Have been trying to educate myself but learning a new language is a real challenge.  Having a real problem getting restful sleep.  My AHI is erratic but often less than 5.   I would say I'm in the mild range more often than not.  Bottom line I'm not well rested after a night's sleep.  
I'm a 1st timer.

[attachment=43157]

RE: OSCAR results - OpalRose - 07-04-2022

Hi ovmeadows,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

Thanks for posting your OSCAR chart.  If you can... would you post another chart showing the entire 5 hours sleep on all the graphs?

The Flow Limitation is a little high, which could be affecting your sleep quality.  We need to see that graph in its entirety.  Use the F12 key (standard view) to take your Screenshot.
That will put everything in order.

Thanks!

RE: OSCAR results - ovmeadows - 07-04-2022

5 HRS for 3 Jul 2022 attached

[attachment=43160]

Do you know what the Trigger setting is? Default is Medium. Try raising it to High for tonight. Let's see if that lessens some of the CA's.

Post again tomorrow, then we can look at a little higher PS to help lower Flow Limitations.

Trigger was on "low"  raised to "high".
Thanks for help.

RE: OSCAR results - Dog Slobber - 07-04-2022

Given it was on low, I would bump it to medium, before going to high.

I don't want to speak for OpalRose, but I believe her suggestion of moving to high was based on it being on Medium, the default.

Will try high tonight and see how it goes.  If not happy will try medium next night or 2 and go from there.  Thanks

That's fine, I assumed it was on the default setting, but you can still try the High setting and see how that goes. If it doesn't feel right, put it back to Medium.

When I changed mine from Med to High, I didn't notice a difference in how it felt, but it did lower the CA's.

RE: OSCAR results - ovmeadows - 07-05-2022

I made the trigger change from low to high and don't feel much different but my AHI is fine, I think.
Last night attached results attached:

[attachment=43163]

RE: OSCAR results - Crimson Nape - 07-05-2022

If it were me, I would increase my EPAP min to 8 cm. Also, please provide a random 2 to 3 minute zoom that includes the Flow Rate graph. Use the F12 key to take the screenshot. Please don't select the gap around the 03:40 time period for the zoomed screenshot. Big Grin

- Red