Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? (/Thread-What-are-the-columns-of-the-OSCAR-data-export)

What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - snevel - 07-10-2022

Hi All,

I've tried searching the Wiki but my search-fu has been unequal to the task.

I want to analyze some of the data from my Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto.

I especially want to compare total events, leak rates and therapy time between the different masks I've been evaluating.

I've sucessfully managed to export Details, Summary and Sessions data from Oscar into Excel, but I have no idea which columns correspond to the data I want.

I've got the myAir app and a myAir account at resmed.  I've got Oscar on my PC and can see the data I want in the various charts.

Where can I find an explanation of the various columns available in the data exports.  If there's a Wiki page or other document I haven't been able to locate, I'd REALLY appreciate a link.

Thanks so much for your help.

Simeon Nevel

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - GuyScharf - 07-10-2022

The first row of data contains the column names. Those names are almost the same as the headings you see on the OSCAR pages.

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - snevel - 07-10-2022

Thanks for taking the time to answer...

On the sessions and summary data exports  I can see the columns for the components of the AHI  chart (AHI/UA/H/OA/CA) although I haven't yet found the description for the various components (if you know the link to those descriptions, I'd appreciate it).

I don't see anything that corresponds to Numbers in the "leak rate" and "usage" charts.

Thanks again for your help.

Simeon

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - staceyburke - 07-10-2022

AHI are the apnea events per hour
Ca is clear airway or centrals - you have stopped breathing without an obstruction 
OA is a larger apnea
H is a smaller apnea
FL are the smallest apnea

I have given definition to apnea in my signature

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - SuperSleeper - 07-10-2022

A lot of information can be found on this Wiki article titled "OSCAR - The Guide":

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_-_The_Guide

Coffee

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - snevel - 07-10-2022

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate the help.

Shortly after I posted, I did manage to find the descriptions for the components of the AHI.

For my current purposes, I'm only interested in total AHI.

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - snevel - 07-11-2022

(07-10-2022, 11:41 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: A lot of information can be found on this Wiki article titled Oscar - The Guide

I'm sure this is so, but *I* haven't been able to find anything that describes/enumerates the columns of the various data export files.

I have especially NOT been able to find anything in the export data that appears to corresponds to the contents of the "usage" and "leak rate" or even "large leak" charts.  I am especially interested in the leak rates to see if my intuition about the "leakiness" of the different masks I'm trying out corresponds to reality as reflected in the data.

I am a firm believer in RTFM, but I simply can't find the information about the data export layout that I'm looking for.

If that data *is* in the Wiki, please point me to it.

Thanks

Simeon

RE: What are the columns of the OSCAR data export? - Crimson Nape - 07-11-2022

First off, look here for help understanding the abbreviations and meanings:
List of Acronyms
Glossary of Terms

I went through all 3 different data exports and the leak value is not in any of them.

The only luck I had was printing the Statistics page as a PDF file. I then used OCR software, to recognize the image as a spreadsheet layout. This path worked, although it still has its warts.

- Red