Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog (/Thread-5-Months-Into-Therapy-Still-Tired-w-Brain-Fog)

5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog - zfaulk - 07-13-2022

Hi everyone!

As the subject states, I'm a little over 5 months into using my APAP daily. I started with an AirMini w/F30, then moved to a P10 & mouth tape. I now use an AirSense 10 + P10 so that I have access to my sleep data. I do feel a lot better than before I started using my APAP, but I still wake up most days with brain fog and am extremely tired after ~8-8.5h of sleep.

My AHI is good, but it also was good during my sleep study. My diagnosis was primarily based on my RDI. I actually have yet to sleep without my machine, I've tried to be as consistent and committed as possible. I wanted to see if I could get some help with interpreting my data as I feel like there's still much to be gained with my treatment.

Thanks so much in advance!

Zac

RE: 5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog - Psychotech - 07-14-2022

You have too much flow limitations
Increase the min pressure to 6-8 and decrease max pressure to 14-16
Keep epr at 2, turn off auto ramp or set ramp time to 15 min manually and increase ramp pressure to 5,
try this setting for three nights and post results

RE: 5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog - staceyburke - 07-14-2022

Your problem is that you have set your min to 4.  4 is the absolute lowest the machine can go and it just is not enough for a normal person.  Children use 4 not adults.  Also the Flow limits are high and we treat them with EPR (exhale pressure relief), you have yours set to 2 BUT that setting is doing NOTHING.  How EPR works is it subtracts the EPR from the min to make breathing out easier.  It does that but it also helps with flow limits.  

Flow limits are apnea also they are smaller but apnea all the same.  Resmed raises pressure when it finds flow limits so they will not turn into larger events (H and O).

To make EPR works you need to have the setting to full time EPR 3 AND move the min up.  I would set the min 8 and see how that feels.   Your numbers are such that "how you feel" is the most important part now.

RE: 5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog - zfaulk - 07-14-2022

Thank you both for the recommendations, I really appreciate it. I'll try a couple of nights with the new settings and report back. Thanks

RE: 5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog - clownbell - 07-16-2022

Maybe it's just me but (with all due respect to staceyburke) I feel much better at 7 than at 8. And with a minimum of 7, EPR will work fully (whereas at 4 EPR will not work at all).