Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Failed Installation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Failed Installation (/Thread-Failed-Installation)

Pages: 1 2

Failed Installation - JohnnySee - 07-15-2022

[attachment=43332]
I am attempting to install Oscar 1.4.0 on a Toshiba L750 laptop under Ubuntu 22.04.  The Ubuntu install is a completely clean, brand new, unmolested example.  It does not have any earlier version of Oscar installed on it.

I have downloaded the Oscar installer for Ubuntu 22.04 amd64 and, following the installation instructions, I have used "terminal" as shown in the attached screenshot.

Why does terminal report that the Oscar .deb file is "unsupported"?  And how do I circumvent this blockage to progress?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

RE: Failed Installation - Crimson Nape - 07-16-2022

In a terminal window, and being in the directory that has OSCAR install file, type or copy: sudo apt-get install gtkhash libb2-1 libqt5opengl5 libqt5serialport5 libqt5printsupport5 libqt5xml5
Now, try installing OSCAR.

If it fails again, run: dpkg-deb -I oscar_1.4.0-Ubuntu22_amd64.deb
Make sure one dependent file didn't get overlooked.

If this fails, I found this YouTube video to help.

I hope it may help.
- Red

RE: Failed Installation - untoutseul05 - 07-16-2022

Could you put what you have written & the exact return message ?
@Crimson Nape : the deb file is supposed to give to the system the exact list of the dependents libs.
If the list became incomplete, the install source script will be modified.

If one or more is missing, you can use
in a terminal, with root user or sudo :
Code:
apt -f install
The system will install automatically the missing paquet.

Your list is not right for Ubuntu 20.04 : my OSCAR works without gtkhash & libb2-1.

NB :

RE: Failed Installation - Crimson Nape - 07-16-2022

Thanks for the update!   Thanks

Here are the dependencies for OSCAR-1.4.0-Ubuntu22:
libdouble-conversion3, libpcre16-3, qttranslations5-l10n, libqt5core5a, libqt5serialport5, libqt5xml5, libqt5network5, libqt5gui5, libqt5widgets5, libqt5opengl5, libqt5printsupport5, libglu1-mesa, libgl1, libc6

Here is the command you can copy and paste in a terminal:
sudo apt-get install libdouble-conversion3 libpcre16-3 qttranslations5-l10n libqt5core5a libqt5serialport5 libqt5xml5 libqt5network5 libqt5gui5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5opengl5 libqt5printsupport5 libglu1-mesa libgl1 libc6

RE: Failed Installation - untoutseul05 - 07-16-2022

the apt / apt-get install install automatically the depends. You don't need to do it on your own.
In at least Ubuntu, it's recommended to use apt instead of apt-get.

Notice : if a depends is missing, the error message says it clearly. That's why I asked JohnnySee to give to us the all return.

FYI : I did the installation on a fresh install (on a VM), it works correctly.

RE: Failed Installation - JohnnySee - 07-16-2022

[attachment=43334]
[quote='Crimson Nape' pid='450266' dateline='1657975267']
Thanks for the update!   Thanks

Here are the dependencies for OSCAR-1.4.0-Ubuntu22:
libdouble-conversion3, libpcre16-3, qttranslations5-l10n, libqt5core5a, libqt5serialport5, libqt5xml5, libqt5network5, libqt5gui5, libqt5widgets5, libqt5opengl5, libqt5printsupport5, libglu1-mesa, libgl1, libc6

Here is the command you can copy and paste in a terminal:
sudo apt-get install libdouble-conversion3 libpcre16-3 qttranslations5-l10n libqt5core5a libqt5serialport5 libqt5xml5 libqt5network5 libqt5gui5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5opengl5 libqt5printsupport5 libglu1-mesa libgl1 libc6

Thanks for your help! Thanks

I ran the above command and it went through the motions properly.  However, when I then attempted to install OSCAR again I received the result shown in the attached screen shot.

RE: Failed Installation - Sleeprider - 07-16-2022

Moderator_ I killed the link to the screenshot URL which failed and was thousands of characters long.

RE: Failed Installation - untoutseul05 - 07-17-2022

Ok. Don't worry about the message. It's juste a warning (Normally, Oscar is installed & work well) because you have downloaded it with your user & install it with sudo.
It's not only Oscar deb file --> this behavior is the same with 20.04 version for many deb files.
I forgot what but I'll send a message to modify the how to.
If you don't want to see the message :
- download the deb & put it elsewhere of your home folder (/tmp for example)
- modify the owner to be root:root
- switch the user to be root
- install like the how to

RE: Failed Installation - JohnnySee - 07-17-2022

Thank you both!

The dependency issue was the solution.

Deep appreciation.   Thanks

RE: Failed Installation - untoutseul05 - 07-17-2022

Do you remember what ones was missing ?
The deb is supposed to have all the dependencies needed.