Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i (/Thread-Has-anyone-switched-from-Dreamwear-FF-Mask-to-ResMed-AirFit-F30i)

Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i - theredheadsaid - 07-27-2022

hi there!
So I'm just two weeks in to CPAP therapy, and I'm doing pretty well with pressure and getting use to the machine. The only thing bugging me is I continually get leaks/mask farts on the bottom edge of the mask. Well, and sometimes it feels like it's smashing my nose. 

I'm going to be trying the AirFit F30i next week at a mask sizing/fitting. 
I've heard that the F30i has more of a "curve" to fit the face, so maybe that will help? Also looks like the cushion is curved to cradle the nose better too (the Dreamwear cushion is flatter).
Just wondering if people here have switched from Dreamwear full face mask to F30i and what they think.

RE: Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i - cathyf - 07-30-2022

I used the Dreamwear for two years, and was very happy with it. It leaks a lot on me. I tried the F30 (with hose in front, not on top like the dreamwear) and find that the cushion is far more forgiving in fit. I really like the hose-on-top, so last year I tried the F30i. I couldn't make it work -- ResMed only makes one size of headgear, and it's humongous on me.

With the F30, I cut the back strap and lap it over and safety-pin it. The top strap on the F30 is adjustable, so I can snug that down. With the F30i, I can shorten the back strap, but the top has a huge gap, and the weight of the hose pulls it this way or that and it leaks like crazy.

The struggle is real...

RE: Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i - SevereApnea - 07-30-2022

The head frame however comes in three sizes. For what it is worth, when I use(d) the F30i I could all but eliminate the leaks by switching to the Small Head frame. Mask/cushion size did not materially affect my leaks, your mileage may vary depending on individual anatomy.

RE: Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i - theredheadsaid - 07-30-2022

oh crap. if there's only one size of headgear for the ResMed AirFit, then it won't work. I have a tiny head.
[after reading another reply] YAY more sizes

you don't use it anymore? what do you use now?

RE: Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i - clownbell - 07-30-2022

I tried the Dreamwear FFM and found it to be very flat across the front of the face. If one has a flat face, maybe that would work. If one has angles/curves in their face, the Dreamwear is not the right choice IMO.

The F30 worked much better for me -- but the P10 is much better than that. Once again, for me -- in my opinion. May not be for you.