Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC (/Thread-ResScan-problem-reading-SD-card-on-Windows-10-PC)

Pages: 1 2

ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - jeffparker - 08-19-2022

Hi, beginning in early August, ResScan 5.9 on my Windows 10 PC starting showing this error when I inserted the SD card.

[Image: 2022-08-20_14-24-10.jpg]

I've not changed my machine (ResMed S9 AutoSet) or ResScan at all. I've been using this same config for many many years, and did my last download on 2-Aug, so can't quite work out why this error suddenly started. I have a loose recollection that a Windows update might have happened - not sure if that has contributed.

I contacted ResMed and took the machine in for troubleshooting yesterday. They saw the same error with my SD card on their Windows PC, so I bought a new SD card from them, which I used last night. Now today the new SD card is reporting the same error on my PC.

As part of investigating the problem, I previously installed OSCAR and tried it with the old SD card, but OSCAR couldn't load from it.

Both cards are being written to by the S9, as in File Explorer I can see that data exists for each day the machine was used.

Any ideas please?

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - jeffparker - 08-20-2022

My apologies, I just saw that there is a Software Support Forum - should this thread have been in there? If so, is it possible for it to be moved please?

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - Psychotech - 08-20-2022

well if your having problem with rescan software try oscar as your resmed s9 autoset is supported by oscar too

(08-20-2022, 02:23 AM)Psychotech Wrote: well if  your having problem with rescan software try oscar as your resmed s9 autoset is supported by oscar too

Thanks, but I mentioned that I had tried OSCAR, but with the same problem occurring.

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - pholynyk - 08-20-2022

It sounds like the machine is not initialising the SD card correctly.

Can you you OSCAR to create a zip file of the card? Help->Troubleshooting->Create zip file of CPAP date

If you can, upload it to https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH
Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

If OSCAR can't find your card or won't create a zip file, I would say your CPAP machine is faulty.

Thanks. I've just uploaded the zip file.

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - pholynyk - 08-21-2022

Sometimes I hate it when I'm right... The Identification.tgt file is missing most of its required information:
Code:
#VRN
#VPC
#VID 0001
#SRN
#SID SX474-0602
#PNA
#PCD
#PCB
#MID 001A
#FGT
#BID SX525-0100
Without the product code (PCD), product name (PNA) and serial number (SRN) neither ResMed nor OSCAR can figure out what they have to work with.

If you are adept with the file explorer and notepad, you could search for a copy of the Identification.tgt and .crc in OSCAR's backup folder for that machine and copy them into your SD card before your try to import it. . 

I don't know if the Identification files get rewritten every day (I don't think so). If they do, you will have to do this every day until you can replace the machine.

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - jeffparker - 08-27-2022

Hi, thanks, sorry for tardy reply. I have an old (from 2011) copy of an SD card and it has the following in that file:

#VRN 20100034701
#VPC 36880
#VID 0001
#SRN 22101039928
#SID SX474-0601
#PNA S9_AutoSet
#PCD 36305
#PCB 
#MID 001A
#FGT 21_S9_ASET_EPR
#BID SX525-0100

I see the value for #SID is different to what you had - does that matter?

Next trick is to get that file onto the SD card. I recall an issue that these cards for Resmed machines tend to be corrupted on Windows PCs - if that is still the case? How might I replace that file on the SD card while being able to save the data?

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - Crimson Nape - 08-28-2022

The corruption that you are referring to was only on the S9. For some reason, Resmed had written their code as to not allow any file on the SD card that wasn't theirs. This was resolved in the A10's firmware. When using a Windows PC, it would create a file on each removable storage device to speed up the reporting of its contents. The file is the System Volume Information file (SysVol). We have a batch file and the registry mod files to turn this option off, if you need it.

RE: ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC - jeffparker - 08-28-2022

Thanks, yes, my machine is an S9, so I'd like to try the patch you mention please.