Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR won't load [solved, see post #9] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR won't load [solved, see post #9] (/Thread-OSCAR-won-t-load-solved-see-post-9)

Pages: 1 2

OSCAR won't load [solved, see post #9] - RickB - 09-01-2022

I loaded OSCAR the other day and it ran fine for a couple days but today it starts to load my profile and quits. I tried the suggestions on her and removed and reinstalled several times but it still starts to load my profile and then quits. I do not understand nor do I know how to solve it. Please help.

RE: OSCAR won't load - RickB - 09-01-2022

Also;after I uninstall and reinstall it and is tries to start it automatically tries to load my profile so it seems not all files are being removed during uninstall.

RE: OSCAR won't load - Crimson Nape - 09-01-2022

It will really help to know what operating system you are using. Also, are all the OSCAR files in their default location, or did you locate them elsewhere?

Sorry; I am running Windows 10 and installing the 64bit version of OSCAR. I let the installer load the files where it wanted, I did not interfere with that.

RE: OSCAR won't load - Crimson Nape - 09-01-2022

Have you tried rebooting your system?

Yes, I rebooted after every uninstall and after each install.

RE: OSCAR won't load - B1Sailor - 09-01-2022

What are you running for AntiVirus? Look in the system tray and try turning it off for a few minutes while trying to start.

Did you change user profiles? Data is stored in the User area and Windows protects user data per user.

I would not have uninstalled but since you did, you may want to uninstall again and do complete cold reboot before the re-install.

RE: OSCAR won't load - GuyScharf - 09-02-2022

Please look at the OSCAR_Data\logs directory. There should be a number of files named debug*.txt.  Please post the first 50 lines of the debug.txt file. That will let me know which graphics driver your copy of OSCAR is using and suggest a possible fix to the problem.

RE: OSCAR won't load - RickB - 09-02-2022

Here is what I did: I uninstalled OSCAR and rebooted my laptop, I then found the OSCAR folder in my Windows Users folder and deleted the OSCAR folder and it's contents, I then rebooted my laptop again, reinstalled OSCAR, rebooted laptop, completed new profile and daily information would not show. I then reloaded the grafix drivers for my laptop and then OSCAR worked and showed as expected. Thank you for all the help !

RE: OSCAR won't load - jmayer180 - 09-06-2022

(09-02-2022, 12:06 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Please look at the OSCAR_Data\logs directory. There should be a number of files named debug*.txt.  Please post the first 50 lines of the debug.txt file. That will let me know which graphics driver your copy of OSCAR is using and suggest a possible fix to the problem.

What I think is the exact same thing happened to me several days ago.  I tried to follow #9 instructions, but did not fix the problem.  Should I present to you my debug.txt list?