Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter (/Thread-OSCAR-screws-up-graph-start-time-in-winter)

OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - PjotterHasApn - 09-05-2022

It seems that OSCAR has a winter time (day light saving) problem. When I import the data from my ResMed AirSense 10, in summer time everyting is fine, 
but in winter time, the graphs start one hour later than the actual start time. OSCAR only seem to have this problem in the graphs, In the daily stats on the left, it displays the actual correct start time. I've attached a screen shot as an example. 

Hope someone can help me with this.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - Crimson Nape - 09-05-2022

Did you reset the time on both the AS10 and your computer?

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - PjotterHasApn - 09-05-2022

Hi,

I cannot do that. Its old data that I’ve imported from a friend. Its data from 2021 and 2022. 

I find it very peculiar that OSCAR does display the right time in the stats, but doesn’t use that same time for the graphs. 

In the summer everything is fine, in the winter not much.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - KeepSmiling - 09-12-2022

OSCAR 1.4.0

when entering  a profile there is a "DST Zone" box.

If you put a check mark in the box, will that get rid of the issue?

Let me know if it works.

____

I adjusted the time on an Resmed S9 elite.  But for some reason the Date is one day later, which I cannot adjust. Oh well, can't win them all.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - PjotterHasApn - 09-12-2022

Thanks KeepSmiling. I’ve tried that and all sort of things. The issue remains.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - pholynyk - 09-12-2022

Not only is the DST box ignored, so is the Time Zone selection.

Currently, the offset from GST is based on the current day, which is fine for importing the data, and looking at it 'right away', but it falls down when you look at historical data on the other side of a time change.

Time handling runs all through OSCAR, and finding all the places and figuring out what needs fixing, and how, is a fairly big project.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - Crimson Nape - 09-12-2022

Did you try purging all your data and reimporting?

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - PjotterHasApn - 09-12-2022

Yes, I’ve created a new profile multiple times and tried all sorts of settings and reimporting the data. Same results. Stats give the correct  start time. Graph starts at a different time than the stats.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - staceyburke - 09-12-2022

I’m sorry but I can’t see why that matters. It shows how many hour the Cpap is used. Does it matter if it shows sleep starting at 10pm and ending at 5:30 am or 11pm start time and ending at 6:30am?

It shows the same AHI and same events, everything else.

RE: OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter - PjotterHasApn - 09-13-2022

It matters a lot to me, because I'm importing Dreem EEG data, and they don't match because of this issue. When using a Philips APAP, it does match. The problem is not in the Dreem headband, but with OSCAR + ResMed.