Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Health] High CSR? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Health] High CSR? (/Thread-Health-High-CSR)

Pages: 1 2 3

High CSR? - oneillkf - 10-04-2022

Hi all, I'm new to the board, wish I wasn't, been using cpap for over 10 years, undiagnosed here in the UK and been very lazy about it until now allowing the machine to do the work.
My new found interest is because, surprise, I've developed a problem. I got a new machine back in April '22, a Resmed Airsense 10, very good and was doing very well until September when suddenly I wasn't. I have been using a Phillips dreamwear nasal cushion very successfully as well. Well, finally decided to do some research, found this board and downloaded Oscar, uploaded the data and no surprise found my data corresponded to my problems beginning in September. My API has gone from 1 to an average of 14. Oops. I had made no alterations to my machine. I bought a new cushion, no change. My cause for concern is perhaps a score of sometimes 20% CSR. My question to start is, should I be concerned? I know there are probably many other items to bear but I really don't know what they are yet. Many thanks, Kevin

RE: High CSR? - OpalRose - 10-04-2022

Hi oneillkf,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

CSR is a label that ResMed uses, but is more than likely just periodic breathing which many of us experience off and on.  We can usually tell by looking at the data on your OSCAR chart.  Otherwise, we would just be quessing.

What you'll need to do is post a OSCAR chart here and someone will be happy to take a look.

Take a Screenshot of the daily page by using the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12).
Use the Standard View.  There are links in my signature line to guide you.

RE: High CSR? - oneillkf - 10-04-2022

Hi OpalRose, thanks, here are a couple of screenshots, I hope they're the right ones.

Moderator Note:
The screenshots mentioned above were removed due to the display of personal information.

RE: High CSR? - Jeff8356 - 10-04-2022

oneillkf,

You should delete the screenshot of your statistics page.  It shows personal info.

OSCAR has a setting to turn to turn off your personal data in reports.  From the menubar View > Show Personal Data
Untick that then take another screenshot and re-post it without your info.

Thanks

Hi, sorry a bit dim here, how do I edit the post? Many thanks
Ah, apparently as a new member with less than four posts I can only edit up to 10 minutes after posting.

[attachment=45044]Hi all here is the updated screenshot.

RE: High CSR? - Jeff8356 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 12:22 PM)oneillkf Wrote: Hi, sorry a bit dim here, how do I edit the post? Many thanks

Your time may have expired to edit the post.  But you can still go into your UserCP and delete that image.  Follow this link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php?action=attachments

Check the box next to the image you wish to delete, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button "Delete Selected Attachments".  That should take care of it.

RE: High CSR? - Crimson Nape - 10-04-2022

oneillkf -  In an effort to help, I removed both screenshots in your initial post.   (Actually, I picked the wrong image initially and wasn't left with a choice. - Confused Sorry!)

Please repost the Daily screenshot. I promise not to mess with it. Big Grin

Thanks Jeff, looks like someone kindly took care of it. Many thanks all

Hi thanks, no worries I'll repost the second one. Ta.

[attachment=45045]Second screenshot.

RE: High CSR? - OpalRose - 10-04-2022

If I understand you correctly, this chart showing possible CSR isn't typical?  If you don't have a history of heart problems, then it could be just periodic breathing due to some positional apnea.  

You could expand the flow chart a little to show a 3 to 5 minute view of the CSR, and post it here.

Positional Apnea is when you are sleeping in a way that blocks the airflow.  Do you sleep on your back?  Sometimes a too high of a pillow can cause your head to tilt forward cutting off air.