Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread (/Thread-WantAhi5-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2

WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread - WantAhi5 - 10-15-2022

Hello,

New to this therapy: I have been using BiPap ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for 2 weeks now, with a full face mask AirSense F20.  The Obstructive and Hypopnea have come down, but the Centrals remain above 5, even after lowering the pressure down to 2.6.  I would appreciate your suggestions for settings.  Oscar charts are below.
[attachment=45256][attachment=45257]

RE: Too Many Central Apneas - Crimson Nape - 10-15-2022

First, please use the F12 key to take a full screenshot of the daily screen. You are omitting important information. Try setting your "Trigger" setting to either "High" or "Very High". This can reduce the CAs.

- Red

RE: Too Many Central Apneas - WantAhi5 - 10-15-2022

Thanks @Crimson Nape.

Updated Full screenshots are included.  Can you look at them and give me your recommendation?  Thanks again.
[attachment=45262][attachment=45261]

RE: Too Many Central Apneas - Crimson Nape - 10-15-2022

I would set the min EPAP to 8 and max IPAP to 13. Your tidal volume appears to be low and this may help. Set the Trigger to "High" or "Very High" to address the CAs. If you have the ramp turned on, turn it off. See ho you feel.

- Red

OSCAR: What Happened at @ 3:49? - WantAhi5 - 10-15-2022

Looking at last night's OSCAR data, something happened just before 3:49. The mask pressure, EPAP, Pressure, AHI all went up.  There were several Obstructive Apneas starting then.  What does that indicate?

Thanks.
[attachment=45270]

RE: OSCAR: What Happened at @ 3:49? - Crimson Nape - 10-16-2022

Since this occurred in a clump, I suspect either you were sleeping on your back or were tucking your chin.

- Red

RE: WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread - WantAhi5 - 10-18-2022

Thanks to your advice, the AHI dropped to just 2.2!

Per your advice, I have min EPAP to 8 and max IPAP to 13. Trigger is set to "Very High". Ramp was already off.

Earlier, I had lowered PS to 2.6 to address high CA's.  With CA's mostly gone, would it help to increase PS?  What other changes would you recommend?

Thanks again for your help, you are a life saver!
[attachment=45302]

RE: WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread - WantAhi5 - 10-20-2022

When you get a chance, I would appreciate your help. Thank you!

RE: WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread - staceyburke - 10-20-2022

I will give you my 2cents. I think your centrals were better controlled by the trigger set to very high. Your pressures are topping out at 13 and what drives pressure up on a resmed are the flow limits. You decreased your ps and I think that setting it to ps 4 would help. Also still a little bit of positional apnea is present as seen in H and O events very close together. So you can still work on that. But things are looking better.

RE: WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread - Crimson Nape - 10-20-2022

Based off your last chart, I wouldn't increase the PS. You're still experiencing CAs, and increasing the PS would aggravate this. Instead, I would increase the minimum EPAP to 9 cm. This should reduce the hypopneas.

- Red