Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size (/Thread-Transcend-Somnetics-Micro-Power-Plug-Size)

Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - SteadyState - 10-26-2022

Does anyone know the correct size of Somnetics/Transcend barrel connectors...specifically for the new Transcend Micro?  (I bet that some of the older Somnetics models use the same connector too, however.)  I've measured a plug at home with calipers and came up with about .237" OD x .175" ID. This translates to about 6.02mm x 4.45mm.  The closest barrel connector size I've found is 6mm x 4.3mm, but it's not very common.  Perhaps that's why Somnetics chose it?

I'm interested in making my own battery adapter cable (I'm thinking: barrel connector to Anderson Powerpoles, if it is indeed just two conductors) for the machine and just wanted to ask the community if anyone knew before I go cutting wires.  If the barrel connector is something even less common than 6mm x 4.3mm, I'd probably just cut the DC side of the power supply that came with the machine and put the Powerpoles in the middle.  Thanks for you thoughts!

RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - Poc45 - 02-14-2023

Are they possibly 6.0x4.4 connectors?
There are very many of these.

important to know would be whether it has a pin in the middle of the plug?

RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - Poc45 - 03-01-2023

I also got the Transcend Micro. A suitable connector is 6.5 x 4.3mm where 6.5 x 4.4mm very likely also fits.
I have taken a USB C trigger which gives an output voltage of 15V. This should be able to be connected directly to the device since the optional battery pack from Transcend outputs 14.8V. So I assume that the device works at any voltage between 14.4V and 19V.

RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - SCDLGUY - 08-09-2023

Did you ever get this to work? Interested in doing this also.

RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - Poc45 - 08-10-2023

Yes it works.
It is to be noted that the Transcend Micro has partially no power consumption. When the human is in or out breathing, there is a short period of time where no current is flowing. This can affect the powerbank (may the powerbank turns off).
I recently bought the Shargeek Strom2 Slim but haven't spent a night with it yet. Possibly in the next few days

RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - johnbrain - 11-15-2023

New to forum just for this post. May I ask where you were able to get the size barrel adapter. I'd love to get a USB C trigger and battery bank just for this set up but can't find that size on the big marketplace, nor can I solder my own.

My backup plan is a Power bank with 120v but they're really big.

TIA

RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size - johnbrain - 03-25-2024

Would a USB-C PD Power Bank work? I ordered the USB-C to Transcend Micro barrel adapter that's made for the TM and the Freedom V2 battery. Don't want to spend $350 on a huge power bank though. 12V adapter would be ideal but there's only a Chinese made one that looks pretty bad.