Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? (/Thread-CPAP-My-O-S-C-A-R-Data-11-05-2022-Am-I-Missing-Something)

My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? - laroyster - 11-06-2022

I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I have sporadic results. I think that I've been able to modify my settings to what appears to work best for me. Am I missing something? :-)

[attachment=45601]

[attachment=45598]

[attachment=45597]

RE: My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? - Shad0Wolf - 12-17-2022

It's hard to tell. The only thing that I really notice is a lot of leaks. It could very well mess with the auto-detection of events.

RE: My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? - darin1605 - 12-17-2022

I'm not the OP but I'm interested. 
I can see in the OP's screen grabs, the leak rate is a positive number, around 20 to 40 or so. What is a typical acceptable target range please?

RE: My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? - pholynyk - 12-17-2022

For a ResMed machine, which reports unintentional leaks, an acceptable value is about 20 or less; less is better. At 25 or more the machine may not track events properly.

RE: My O.S.C.A.R. Data (11-05-2022) Am I Missing Something? - Sleeprider - 12-17-2022

To add to Pholynyk's post, the leak chart on a Philips machine shows total leaks and excess leaks. I don't see leaks as a significant issue in any of the three graphs provided. Laroyster is using a pressure range of 10-16 cm auto-CPAP pressure with Flex at 2 or 3. The first graph shows a series of fluctuating respiration rate during a period of relatively high leaks. This appears to be mostly obstructive to me, and I suspect there is some chin-tucking going on that causes flow limitation with a cluster of apnea alternating with recovery breathing. There may be some oral expiration during the apnea, especially at 02:25:45. This cluster is anomalous and causes the highest pressure of the night and an arousal at 02:26:40. Chart 2 shows slightly flow limited inspiratory breathing with free-flow during expiration but is very early in the therapy period and may be before sleep onset. It does look like an early sleep pattern, however the abrupt end to expiration is likely due to the Flex returning pressure ahead of inspiration. The overall night chart shows common Philips therapy artifacts and a satisfactory 2.4 AHI. I tend to ignore the variable breathing in the Philips charts, but it's worth knowing it cancels the Auto CPAP algorithm. I don't see anything alarming or that couldn't be improved with a Resmed Smile

If you're using Flex at 3, reduce it to 2 and avoid extra pillows under your head.