Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Help importing O2 ring data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Help importing O2 ring data (/Thread-Help-importing-O2-ring-data)

Pages: 1 2

Help importing O2 ring data - Cuppa - 11-12-2022

Have just mail ordered an O2 Ring. Is the process of inputting it’s data to OSCAR simple? Looks like the ring stores up to 4 nights of data. Is it a case of putting in the CPAP’s data from the SD card first, & then the ring’s data (all 4 days?) and the data all aligns with each other in OSCAR?

RE: Best O2 sensor? - ejbpesca - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 03:42 PM)Cuppa Wrote: Have just mail ordered an O2 Ring. Is the process of inputting it’s data to OSCAR simple? Looks like the ring stores up to 4 nights of data. Is it a case of putting in the CPAP’s data from the SD card first, & then the ring’s data (all 4 days?) and the data all aligns with each other in OSCAR?

I have failed to get my O2 Ring report onto to OSCAR.  I am using a MacBook, Android Phone, O2 ring, and the O2 Insight Pro app.  The process fails in OSCAR.  With an OASCAR daily report up under DATA I click Viatom/Wellue to transfer a saved .csv file from O2 Insight Pro.  The file appears but it is gray and not readable.

A trick I found from Lookee who sold me my O2 Ring is that I had to sync and load data to my cell phone app before I synced (as they call it) to my laptop.  Not sure if that was a one time deal or not.

The above may not be a problem at all with a Windows computer.

RE: Best O2 sensor? - Crimson Nape - 11-12-2022

The Wellue/Viatom raw data file has no extension, like ".csv".  A CSV file (Comma Separated Variable) is nothing more than a text file with each parameter separated by a comma (",").  The file you want will be a binary file and have a 14 digit name, with the possibility of having a prefix of the device type.  Your filename will most likely look like, O2Ring_20221112150930.

- Red

(11-12-2022, 04:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The Wellue/Viatom raw data file has no extension, like ".csv".  A CSV file (Comma Separated Variable) is nothing more than a text file with each parameter separated by a comma (",").  The file you want will be a binary file and have a 14 digit name, with the possibility of having a prefix of the device type.  Your filename will most likely look like, O2Ring_20221112150930.

- Red

I see the long digits file name on the screen as the one above, but no path to save it to disk.  I am not familiar with using Terminal to move files around and the app only gives two options to save the O2 report.  .csv and .pdf.

RE: Best O2 sensor? - Cuppa - 11-12-2022

ejbpesca   If you try as Crimson Nape has suggested I would really appreciate you posting again to let us know if you have had success. I too have a Macbook. 

Thank you Crimson Nape. One of the main reasons I chose the O2 ring was due to having read here that it was easy to input it's data to OSCAR. It'll be a week or two before it gets to me, but I hope putting into OSCAR ends up being a simple straightforward process. I think the last two posts here may save me a lot of frustration & disappointment.

Edit.
ejbpesca - Yikes, I hope using Terminal isn't required! Surely it should be straightforward using Finder?

Is there a 'How to import O2 ring data to OSCAR using a Mac' anywhere to refer to?

EDIT: Found it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wellue_Viatom_File_Import

RE: Best O2 sensor? - Crimson Nape - 11-12-2022

Have you all read this Wiki on importing Wellue/Viatom data from a Mac? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wellue_Viatom_File_Import#macOS
- Red

RE: Best O2 sensor? - Jeff8356 - 11-12-2022

Cuppa & ejbpesca,

If you are using "O2 Insight Pro"  on your Mac's the data files are stored in an odd location:
Code:
/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber/

Try the instructions on the wiki page [HERE] and see if they work for you.

EDIT: Red beat me to it...

(11-12-2022, 04:46 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Cuppa & ejbpesca,

If you are using "O2 Insight Pro"  on your Mac's the data files are stored in an odd location:
Code:
/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber/

Try the instructions on the wiki page [HERE] and see if they work for you.

EDIT: Red beat me to it...

You both beat me to it, posting  whilst I was doing what I should have done in the first place & went looking myself. Thank you. Looks like it should be easier to import direct to Macbook rather than via the iOS app.

(11-12-2022, 04:39 PM)Cuppa Wrote: Is there a 'How to import O2 ring data to OSCAR using a Mac' anywhere to refer to?

EDIT: Found it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wellue_Viatom_File_Import

I am not familiar nor comfortable with using code on my laptop.  I guess the following is to be copied to Terminal but then I would not know how to save the extracted file and make it available to OSCAR.  I can always capture the image of the O2 sleep report and show it as a separate image.  The word "possible," here tells me the writer is not sure where the file is.

The downloaded session files will be stored in one of two possible locations:

Code:

or

Code:
/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/O2_Insight_Pro/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber/

The "Library" folder is hidden by default, but you can still reach it in Finder by pressing cmd-shift-G and entering 
Code:
~/Library

in the file selection dialog.