Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro (/Thread-Remstar-System-One-60-Series-Auto-vs-PR1-Pro)

Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro - mousetrap - 07-31-2013

Hi all,

As mentioned in my introductory post, I've been using a System One Auto as part of my sleep trial with a Wisp mask and have taken to this setup quite well.

Now I am about to begin the final week of my trial and the clinician has set the machine for a fixed pressure of 12 I think to see if I can cope (comfort-wise) with a higher fixed pressure.

His reasoning behind this is that if I can cope with the higher fixed pressure, I may be able to purchase a cheaper CPAP machine. Please keep in mind that in Australia, this represents about a $600 saving between an Auto vs a PR1 Pro.

Just looking for your thoughts on this. Assuming I get through this week ok at the higher pressure, should I save the money and use it towards other accessories (mask, maybe DC adapter etc) or should I pay the $600 extra for the Auto.

Thinking-about

RE: Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro - Tez62 - 07-31-2013

Personally I would always go with the auto, I paid $2000 for mine, it was the best money I ever spent, having said that you have to buy what you can afford, if you have private health insurance you get about 20 % back depending on your extras. You could try buy off the net which is much cheaper I wouldn't do it for your first machine but maybe look at it next time.

RE: Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro - mousetrap - 07-31-2013

Thanks Tez62,

Yes the 2K mark is what I'm seeing at most places for the System One Auto and about $1400 for the PR1 Pro. Unfortunately when I called my health care provider that said they're not going to pay out anything on our current family plan. To add insult to injury, they said I could be covered if I upgraded our monthly premium! And then the final straw, even if I went through with the upgrade I'd then have to wait another 12 months before claiming against a CPAP machine!

RE: Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro - zonk - 07-31-2013

Never mind about health cover, I got Bupa cover would pay $500 toward new machine but only if machine bought locally and pay the rip-off prices ... no one should pay these outrageous prices ... buyer beware

If you don,t need the heated hose, second wind (Supplier #2) got new PR System One Auto w/humidifier 50 series machine (550) US $479 Aus $530. PR System One Auto w/humidifier 60 series (560) US $499 Aus 550 plus US $90 Aus 99 for the heated hose kit

Plus shipping cost to Australia, machines are multi-voltage and need to get power plug adapter US/Aus or you might find Aus power cord