Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help (/Thread-CPAP-Airsense-10-Shuts-off-by-itself-for-MANY-hours-overnight-I-am-suffering-please-help)

Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - pavinscpaps - 11-19-2022

Good afternoon folks,

I have a CPAP machine (AS10 by resmed) and it is under a year old. 

The CPAP shuts of in the middle of the night, and it starts again after 4/5 hours. I tried to post a picture but this place does not let me

I have tried a new power supply. That is not the issue. My CPAP business I bought from is out of business, and resmed is stonewalling any customer that calls. 

Would you mind providing some advice for this situation? 

Thank you!!

Pavin

RE: Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - Heracles - 11-19-2022

Hi,

First thing I would try is to disable auto Start / auto Stop. Second would be to ensure your device is not overheating and has access to all the free air it needs all around it.

RE: Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - SaldusMiegas - 11-19-2022

Hi Pavin,

I wonder if you have the machine set to automatically turn on and off? 

If so, I would try turning that feature off, so the machine no longer tries to detect when you start and stop using it and switch on and off automatically. 

I'm suspecting that the mask is maybe coming off at night while you sleep, and the machine then senses this and turns off. 

It's curious that you say it remains off for 4-5 hours then comes back on.  If you are wearing a mask with a good seal, then the machine turning off would wake you in an abrupt and unpleasant manner (i.e you stop getting any air).   Since you didn't mention that, I wonder if the mask comes off, the machine turns off, and you notice it later when you wake up, put the mask back on, and the machine detects it and starts again. 

By disabling this feature, you would have to manually turn the machine on and off.  But it wouldn't auto shut off in the middle of the night. 

That's kind of a shot in the dark, but it is one scenario that might explain the machine's behavior. 

Saldus Meigas

p.s.  I see in the time between me typing, reviewing, and posting ... Heracles made a similar suggestion in a lot fewer words.  Smile

RE: Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - pavinscpaps - 11-19-2022

(11-19-2022, 01:43 PM)Heracles Wrote: Hi,

First thing I would try is to disable auto Start / auto Stop. Second would be to ensure your device is not overheating and has access to all the free air it needs all around it.

Hi Mr Heracles thank you for your fast reply.

I am going to shut down the smart start and get back to you today. 

Thank you!

RE: Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - pholynyk - 11-19-2022

Another possibility is that the power brick is overheating. The clue here is that it restarts after several hours.

Try to make sure the power brick is open to air circulation. It often helps to keep it on the floor, where the air is cooler.

If it still quits, you will have to get a replacement - hopefully within warranty.

RE: Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help - Jeff8356 - 11-20-2022

One other thing you may want to check is the wall outlet or power strip the power brick is plugged into. They can sometimes start going bad. If you have another device like a clock radio, plug it into the same outlet and and see if that shuts off also (many digital clocks will blink after loosing power.

I recently had the power strip go bad that my cpap and table lamp were plugged into.