Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Migration tool - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Migration tool (/Thread-Migration-tool)

Migration tool - geoffhart1962 - 12-11-2022

Just installed Oscar 1.4.0 on a MacBook Pro (M1 chip) running the latest version of Monterrey (OS X 12.6.1). When I try to run Oscar, I get the following message: "Using /Users/geoffreyhart/Documents/Data/Profiles/Geoff/Profile.xml, found SleepyHead -
You must run the OSCAR Migration Tool"

I deleted the preferences file, and still no luck. Sleepyhead isn't installed on the current computer.

I haven't been able to find the OSCAR migration tool anywhere, and the thread I found that reports the same problem doesn't help since it's Windows-specific and displays dialog boxes that I can't reach.

TIA for any suggestions on where to find the migration tool or get past that dialog box.

RE: Migration tool - Jeff8356 - 12-11-2022

You may want to restore that preferences file you deleted. It stores the settings for OSCAR

Just guessing here, but have you run Sleepyhead on a different computer, then just copied the Data folder to your new Mac???

There is a Wiki page for migrating or importing sleeoyhead data here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Installation#Migrating_or_importing_SleepyHead_data

See if that helps....

RE: Migration tool - geoffhart1962 - 12-11-2022

Yup! As you note, I copied the data folder over from another computer.

I tried the information at the links you provided and didn't help. (I would have posted those links as a reference to what I'd already tried, but forum is configured so that until I've posted 3 more times, I won't be allowed to post links. Had to remove the link.)

For the moment, I've reinstalled Sleepyhead and copied data over from my SD card. So at least I have a current report I can give my doctor.

RE: Migration tool - Jeff8356 - 12-11-2022

When you start OSCAR and see what screen shows up and what to do about it. seems too be asking you to look for your sleepyhead data (not the sleepyhead app) some where, in the data. Can you direct the Finder window to that SH data folder?
Take a screenshot and post it so we can see what you do. You can post screenshot's right now, just not externat links

so it looks like your default data is not under Documents/OSCAR_Data so did you change the default location at some point???

It's also possible to do a complete uninstall and reinstall (if you delete the hidden files) then start from scratch. But lets see if we can fix this first.

RE: Migration tool - geoffhart1962 - 12-14-2022

Just a quick note to apologize for the delayed reply. For the next couple weeks, I'm scrambling to finish the year's work before deadlines. I'll come back to this when I have a moment to catch my breath.

But the quick reply is that yes, I store the Sleepyhead files in a subdirectory of the Documents folder, and didn't transfer that subdirectory to my computer, so I didn't transfer the Sleepyhead data. So the best bet might be to delete all the invisible files (where are they stored?) and try reinstalling. So long as OSCAR isn't hardwired to look in the Documents root directory, that should work. And it has the virtue of simplicity.

RE: Migration tool - Jeff8356 - 12-14-2022

The other file(s) are located in your ~/Library (which is hidden on macOS).

After deleting the OSCAR.app from /Applications open Terminal and copy/paste the following command into the Terminal window and hit Enter:

Code:
find ~/Library -iname "*oscar-team*" -print

That will give you the location(s).  There are typically two places and should look similar to this:
Code:
jeff@Jeff-MBA ~ % find ~/Library -iname "*oscar-team*" -print
/Users/jeff/Library/Saved Application State/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.savedState
/Users/jeff/Library/Preferences/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.plist
jeff@Jeff-MBA ~ %

You can either use Finder to navigate to those folders and delete those specific files, or use Terminal with the following command:

Code:
find ~/Library -iname "*oscar-team*" -delete
Note: this will permanently delete those files and they will be unrecoverable (no Trash)

When you re-install OSCAR it will be a clean install like the first time you did it.

The default data location for OSCAR is ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data  although I don't recall offhand if it checks the entire folder for OSCAR related data or just for the folder OSCAR_Data