Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed EPR…someone explain? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed EPR…someone explain? (/Thread-ResMed-EPR%E2%80%A6someone-explain)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed EPR…someone explain? - spetzal - 12-15-2022

New to ResMed and EPR, recently was using Respironics C-Flex/C-Flex+

I have this general concept/assumption where EPR (regardless of setting 1, 2, or 3) backs off the expiratory pressure by 2cmH20…..and that the specific setting determine how fast/slow it backs off

Is this correct, and if not please correct me!

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?l - spetzal - 12-15-2022

And this is why i should have read the clinicians manual before posting…..because it clearly states that:

1 = 1cm
2 = 2cm
3 = 3cm

How amazing….theres this manual that explicitly answers basic questions….(wry sarcasm)

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?l - PaulaO2 - 12-15-2022

LOL yeah, sometimes these manual things actually cover what we need to know. Not always, but yes.

And to clarify, if your machine is running at 12, and your EPR is set to 1, then inhale would be 12 and exhale would be 11. If 2, then 12 and 10, if 3 then 12 and 9.

And, of course, you can turn it off entirely. Some people don't need it, some need all they can get.

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?l - spetzal - 12-15-2022

“The Boy Who Cried EPR”, lol….

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?l - PaulaO2 - 12-15-2022

As if you were the first.

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain? - Sleeprider - 12-15-2022

Use the search term in our Wiki for more.

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain? - OpalRose - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 03:59 PM)spetzal Wrote: New to ResMed and EPR, recently was using Respironics C-Flex/C-Flex+

I have this general concept/assumption where EPR (regardless of setting 1, 2, or 3) backs off the expiratory pressure by 2cmH20…..and that the specific setting determine how fast/slow it backs off

Not correct for ResMed.  You have somewhat described how Respironics Flex works.

Flex settings 1, 2, and 3. for PR machines
You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, which is flow based.
• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.

(12-15-2022, 04:02 PM)spetzal Wrote: And this is why i should have read the clinicians manual before posting…..because it clearly states that:

1 = 1cm
2 = 2cm
3 = 3cm

How amazing….theres this manual that explicitly answers basic questions….(wry sarcasm)

Yep, that's how EPR works.

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain? - bedtimebob - 12-16-2022

(12-15-2022, 03:59 PM)spetzal Wrote: New to ResMed and EPR, recently was using Respironics C-Flex/C-Flex+

Hi, 

I can't change my EPR settings, its either on or off. Unless there is a trick to it.

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain? - Crimson Nape - 12-16-2022

Within the clinician's menu is an option as to whom may change the EPR value. In order for you to change it from the normal user menu, this needs to be set to "Patient".

- Red

RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain? - bedtimebob - 12-16-2022

(12-16-2022, 05:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Within the clinician's menu is an option as to whom may change the EPR value.  In order for you to change it from the normal user menu, this needs to be set to "Patient".

- Red

I found it, thanks. I found where I can change it but I will leave it where it is because I dont know what it does so I dont want to mess it up.