Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Weird issue.... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Weird issue.... (/Thread-Weird-issue)

Weird issue.... - Wilsonf - 12-17-2022

Been having problems lately with ResMed 11… I would wake up in the middle of the night feeling a sudden STRONG gust of air rushing into my airways and lungs. And this would freak me out and wake me up. After a few nights, I started getting a bit of anxiety as the air ramps up and became unable to sleep with the cpap on ….I have used this for 5 months, and this just happened recently.

this is not registered in the “event per hour” on the "Myair" app either…

My tech believes it's because i am not adjusting to the ramp up of pressure (7 to 13) and has now increased the lower end to 9-13...

Anyone else had similar trouble? 

RE: Weird issue.... - Sleeprider - 12-17-2022

WilsonF. Welcome to Apnea Board. I believe your machine is capable of recording respiratory flow-rate data at a rate of 25-time per second and mask pressure data at 5=times per second, and that data can be displayed graphically in OSCAR software (free). If you have been using a SD card in your machine, then the answer lies within your grasp. Download Oscar and install it, then upload your CPAP data. You will be able to see if the machine delivered higher pressure (unlikely) or if you had a respiratory event that you felt as an increase in pressure (more-likely). In any event, there is no need to speculate if you will empower yourself with the OSCAR software. MyAir is pretty weak sauce.

RE: Weird issue.... - Wilsonf - 12-17-2022

I put a small SD card in (2G size)... and it says "There is no data to graph". 

Will putting a SD card in mess with whatever change my tech is trying to make?

RE: Weird issue.... - Sleeprider - 12-17-2022

The card needs to be in the machine during therapy. I assume you now have Oscar? The SD card only records data and will not affect any instructions put into your machine using AirView by your provider. A 2 GB card will hold over a year of detailed data, and you can use up to a 32 GB capacity card if you want.

RE: Weird issue.... - Wilsonf - 12-17-2022

So, if my tech has been viewing my data remotely (via the 5G card in Resmed 11), he will be able to continue to do so even if I keep a card in, right?

RE: Weird issue.... - OpalRose - 12-17-2022

The SD card is totally separate from the AirView data received by your sleep tech.
One doesn't affect the other.

RE: Weird issue.... - RainbowFish - 12-17-2022

Your "OSCAR card" is just recording the same data that the ResMed 5G card records. So, you can use the card they gave you to copy your data to OSCAR - the data is not removed from the card. If you physically bring an SD card to your provider as opposed to them downloading data remotely, just be sure one card is in the machine consistently.

RE: Weird issue.... - pholynyk - 12-17-2022

ResMed has not yet used a 5G modem. To the best of my knowledge, the data transmitted to ResMed by the cellular modem is not as detailed as that recorded on the SD card when it is in the machine during your sleeping.
This is why we recommend using OSCAR and learning how to use its data for yourself; nobody is more concerned for your health than you (and your spouse, maybe).

RE: Weird issue.... - RainbowFish - 12-18-2022

Sorry, I meant SD not 5G