Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? (/Thread-How-does-everything-look-What-can-I-do-to-improve-my-therapy)

How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - funkydunky - 12-27-2022

I have been using a cpap for 3 years and have had moderate success with it. My AHI is consistently below 3, whereas my baseline is 24 (via at home sleep study). Still, I have trouble with fatigue and tiredness.

I have been using a dreamstation (whch is locked out of oscar), but recently got an airsense 10.

Attached are my first two nights on the resmed. During the first night only, I also used a fitted oral appliance (mandibular advancement device). I used a cervical collar both nights.

The first night I slept better, but I really did not feel well rested after either night. I am curious if there are any issues with my flow rate. I noticed that I go long stretches where my flow rate does not conform to the ideal round/single peak during my inspirations. I can attach additional photos to show this.

Night 1 (with oral appliance and cervical collar):

RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - funkydunky - 12-27-2022

Flow Rate samples:

RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - Crimson Nape - 12-27-2022

You mention that you have a Dreamstation that is locked out of OSCAR. As of version 1.4.0, OSCAR can read Dreamstation 2's encrypted data files. If this isn't what you mean, please provide a more detailed description.

- Red

RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - Gideon - 12-27-2022

As Red said OSCAR v1.4 is capable of reading the days of any demonstration. It took us a while because of the encryption to include the DS2s but so far no issue there.

RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - Crimson Nape - 12-27-2022

I forgot this in my previous post. If you decide to import your DS2's data, create a different user account to separate the DS2's data from your Resmed's. Each brand has different reporting values for the various reporting parameters.

- Red

RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - funkydunky - 12-27-2022

I am pretty certain that oscar cannot read much off of my dreamstation cpap. I could be wrong (I hope I am). Maybe I am missing something.

Via the wiki under "Fully Supported by Oscar":

" DreamStation CPAP (200X110) - limited, see note * below

[i]* NOTE: 200-series and Dorma machines report only settings and hours used. They do not record detailed efficacy data, and therefore should be avoided. "[/i]

:/

RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy? - pholynyk - 12-27-2022

You are correct; both Respironics and ResMed make low cost models that do not have any data capability. Your 200X110 is one of those.

Your new ResMed AutoSet is much more capable, and with some tuning will give better results.

Gotcha. Any suggestions based on my data?