Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters (/Thread-Equipment-ResMed-AirSense-11-compatible-pulse-oximeters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - timtaller - 01-13-2023

Hello all:

Just got my ResMed AirSense 11 today and noticed that in the menu there is an option "search for pulse oximeter" (select search once your oximeter is working and in the pairing mode). 

Anyone tried any Bluetooth pulse oximeter models compatible with AirSense11? Any recommendations on particular models - stability, precision, etc?

thanks in advance!
TT

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - timtaller - 01-13-2023

Called ResMed US hotline and after a short search, I was told that ResMed has not yet developed a native pulse oximeter compatible with AS11, the person was unable to provide any 3rd party compatible BT pulse oximeters, so relying on the community knowledge here.

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - Crimson Nape - 01-13-2023

As far as I know, you are the first person to report this option.

- Red

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - timtaller - 01-13-2023

The firmware is Log 04600.07.6.0.0/CF 04600.07.03.00/ H fonct 48.3
The screenshots are attached (in french)

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - Gideon - 01-13-2023

Please, for our knowledge what is the specific model number of your AS11 I'm assuming AutoSet. Picture of the label please

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - srlevine1 - 01-14-2023

I have been hammering RedMed, and the answer is always, "you will know when we issue a release."
It is only mentioned in the limited warranty in the S11 manual -- "Oximeters and CPAP and bilevel device oximeter adapters"

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - timtaller - 01-14-2023

AirSense 11 AutoSet.
Model number 39480

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - solveforz - 07-28-2023

A software update was just pushed out:

Device update 2
Release date:
The week of July 24th
Release #:
SW04600.09.6.2.0
What’s new?
Care Check-In:
Enhancement of the ResMed Care Check-In user experience.
Bluetooth oximetry:
Air11 devices are now compatible with Bluetooth oximetry. Your care provider will contact you if this is applicable to your therapy.

SO the question is WHAT WORKS? There are under $20 oximeters but they likely turn off after a minute.

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - Squirlma - 07-28-2023

I don't know the answer to your question, but since the update rolled out today, I am going to try it with my Wellue O2 Ring.   I will let you know if that works.

RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters - Crimson Nape - 07-28-2023

I would believe it will be a Resmed oximeter and not another brand. The reason is there isn't any standards for the communication protocols for oximeters. This is left up to the oximeter manufacturer to develop them for their device. The Bluetooth connection is a conduit, much like a power cord, and there are a bunch of different configurations of those.

-- Red