Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
S9 SD card - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: S9 SD card (/Thread-S9-SD-card)

S9 SD card - harmonicamoon - 08-06-2013

Hello-
I took out the SD card and reviewed info with SleepyHead.
I put the card back in the S9. It says invalid SD card. Why is it invalid? Then it asks: Erase card data? I put in "no". It says please remove card. The CPAP won't work with the card in. Do I have to erase data each time it is removed? Please help. Thank you

RE: S9 SD card - zonk - 08-06-2013

you can lock the card before put into card reader so nothing can be written on the card, remember to unlock the card before put into machine

By choosing "Yes" ... the machine over write the old data and write fresh therapy/compliance data (up to 365 days) on the card but you would loose any detailed data on the card as detailed data written directly on the card and not stored in machine memory

download the data on your computer before letting the machine erasing the data so you don,t loose any detailed data. The card also stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data

RE: S9 SD card - harmonicamoon - 08-07-2013

(08-06-2013, 11:43 PM)zonk Wrote: you can lock the card before put into card reader so nothing can be written on the card, remember to unlock the card before put into machine

By choosing "Yes" ... the machine over write the old data and write fresh therapy/compliance data (up to 365 days) on the card but you would loose any detailed data on the card as detailed data written directly on the card and not stored in machine memory

download the data on your computer before letting the machine erasing the data so you don,t loose any detailed data. The card also stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data

Gracias zonk. So, if I lock the card then put it in the computer, the S9 will accept the card? I didn't do that before and now it says the card is invalid.
If I got a SD with more memory would it store more detailed data?
Thank you for your replies.

RE: S9 SD card - PaulaO2 - 08-07-2013

Locking the card before you put it into the computer is to prevent you from accidentally either erasing or removing data from the card. It also prevents extra stuff from being written onto the card.

If you put a locked card into the CPAP, it will say "locked card" or similar.

What zonk was saying is:
- make sure you have imported the data into whatever program you are using
- copy the data off the card into a folder on your desktop
- put the card into the machine. If it wants to reformat the card, let it. It will then rewrite the data from the machine.

However, it will only have the flow data for the previous 7 days, the detail data for the past 30, and then the rest will be compliance hours for the previous 365 days. But since you just imported the data into the software of your computer, all is well and nothing was truly lost. Next time you put the card in your computer, it will recognize it as from the same machine.

RE: S9 SD card - zonk - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 12:18 AM)harmonicamoon Wrote: Gracias zonk. So, if I lock the card then put it in the computer, the S9 will accept the card? I didn't do that before and now it says the card is invalid.
If I got a SD with more memory would it store more detailed data?
Thank you for your replies.
Locking the card is just precautionary measure, the “Invalid SD card” message could appear on LCD if there are some foreign files found on the SD card. If you choose “Yes” to erase data, it does erase all the current content on the SD card, but at the same time, it writes another copy of all summary data on the card. So, you can choose “Yes” to erase the data and continue using the same card
However, by erasing the SD card data, you will lose the last 30 days of detailed data which cannot be retrieved after erasure. So, if detailed data is very important for you, download before erasing the data.

Card size makes no difference, here is was the machine and the card stores
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfort/new_en_gb/compliance-management.html

RE: S9 SD card - Paptillian - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 12:32 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: However, it will only have the flow data for the previous 7 days [...]

I found out that the flow data is not stored on the device at all. It only saves the last 7-days' worth if the SD card is present. Otherwise, all you'll get when you put the SD card back in is the compliance data (and maybe the 30-day detail data but I'm not sure).

In other words, the S9 writes the flow data directly to the SD card as it records it.

Thank you so much Paula02 and zonk. With your help I am getting to know my new sleep partner better. My original sleep study said I needed a 15. Average pressure on the S9 is less than 11. One apnea per 8 hours. Before CPAP it was 90 per hour. Life is good! Thank you all!

RE: S9 SD card - SuperSleeper - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 10:03 AM)harmonicamoon Wrote: Thank you so much Paula02 and zonk. With your help I am getting to know my new sleep partner better. My original sleep study said I needed a 15. Average pressure on the S9 is less than 11. One apnea per 8 hours. Before CPAP it was 90 per hour. Life is good! Thank you all!

That's one of the reasons why so many of us around here recommend a data-capable Auto-CPAP machine, over a fixed-pressure CPAP. Once your settings are tweaked and optimized, you generally require a lower pressure than your sleep lab-titrated pressure and your overall AHI is lower as well, since the machine can adapt to your needs as you sleep, as opposed to pushing out one single pressure all night long.

Good to hear your new sleep partner is working for you! Grin

I erased the data, and now my new sleep partner accepts the SD card. Because I didn't lock the card before feeding it to the Mac, the Mac shook hands with the card and they talked and then it was an invalid card. Next time, I will lock the card before I insert and see what happens. Thanks troops!