Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Replace mask hose etc: - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Replace mask hose etc: (/Thread-Replace-mask-hose-etc)

Replace mask hose etc: - Uzupan - 03-15-2023

Good morning everyone, I am sure this has been asked before but I have not been able to find it in search.

I am curious when do you all replace your hose, your mask and your headgear?

I have been using the same hose, headgear and nasal mask for about four months and it all seems to work fine, the only thing I do is clean it regularly. 

And my leaks are minimal and my AHI is staying about the same.

Thanks!!

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - sauerkraut - 03-15-2023

Uzupan;
     It is pretty much regulated by Your Insurance and DME ..
My provider uses 6 months for masks, cushions, head gear, and air filters and 1 year for tubes, humidifier chambers ..
Contact Your Ins. and DME and ask they should share this information without a problem ..
If You want or need something on a different schedule You can ask with a valid reason they may provide it ..
Or You may need to buy at Your own expense ..
Best of luck with this .. 
     Steve

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - Uzupan - 03-15-2023

I have to buy my own supplies, that’s why I am asking. I purchased my airsense 11 because my insurance was changing and did not want to start all over again. I bought my airsense 11 for 795.

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - Big Guy - 03-15-2023

Since you are purchasing your own supplies out-of-pocket, use them for as long as possible. The equipment will last much longer than the DME suppliers want you to believe.

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - Uzupan - 03-15-2023

Great, thank you. I did not know what kind of time line is acceptable.

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - Big Guy - 03-15-2023

When I started CPAP Therapy in Sept. of 2018, I used the same climate line hose that came with my machine until a little over three years later when I stopped the therapy. 

I have very good insurance and all of my costs were covered. I have a ton of OEM new-in-package equipment that I was sent the whole time. I'm talking four big storage tubs worth.  Oh-jeez

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - Homerec130 - 03-17-2023

My insurance gives me a new mask insert every month, new headgear, hose, and reservoir tank every six months. I have a stock of mask inserts (some call them cushions). I try to keep at least one extra hose, headgear and tank on hand. Have plenty of cushions.

I have purchased a 10 ft hose from one of the suppliers on our list (can't remember which one) as well as a hose cover. I use the hose cover to keep inquisitive kitty teeth out of the hose.

RE: Replace mask hose etc: - cmpman1974 - 03-17-2023

Insurance covers new mask cushions once per month as well as machine filters if disposable.  New mask, headgear and tubing every 3 months.  New humidifer chamber and chin straps every 6 months.  New machine every 5 years unless a new type is needed and approved.