Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it (/Thread-Went-overnight-with-mask-almost-8-hours-slept-most-of-it)

Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - ellen1159 - 08-20-2013

Masked up at 10 p.m. and it took me over an hour to fall asleep (lots of leaks). woke around 1 a.m., fixed leaks, went back to sleep. Woke again at 5:48 a.m. Haven't read my SD card yet so I don't know how bad the leaks are yet. But this was a first for me to keep the mask on for nearly 8 hours. Could be placebo effect but I feel kind of okay this morning.

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - trish6hundred - 08-20-2013

Hi ellen1159,
It's good to hear that you have managed to sleep with your mask on all night, give or take a few leak fixes.
Just keep on hangin' in there with it.

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - PsychoMike - 08-20-2013

Yay! Hopefully this is the start of continued success, Ellen1159 Smile

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - Tez62 - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 07:09 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: Masked up at 10 p.m. and it took me over an hour to fall asleep (lots of leaks). woke around 1 a.m., fixed leaks, went back to sleep. Woke again at 5:48 a.m. Haven't read my SD card yet so I don't know how bad the leaks are yet. But this was a first for me to keep the mask on for nearly 8 hours. Could be placebo effect but I feel kind of okay this morning.

Ellen, have you tried mask liners to reduce the leaks, you can either buy them over the net or I can give you the instructions to make them fairly cheaply, also, I suggest having the mask coming from above your head may help, either over your bed head if you have one or you can buy or make one.

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - ellen1159 - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 04:22 PM)Tez62 Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 07:09 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: Masked up at 10 p.m. and it took me over an hour to fall asleep (lots of leaks). woke around 1 a.m., fixed leaks, went back to sleep. Woke again at 5:48 a.m. Haven't read my SD card yet so I don't know how bad the leaks are yet. But this was a first for me to keep the mask on for nearly 8 hours. Could be placebo effect but I feel kind of okay this morning.

Ellen, have you tried mask liners to reduce the leaks, you can either buy them over the net or I can give you the instructions to make them fairly cheaply, also, I suggest having the mask coming from above your head may help, either over your bed head if you have one or you can buy or make one.

Actually, I've tried a couple of fleece liners (I got them from Pad-a-cheek) and I've had trouble making the hole large enough to breathe comfortably yet not so large that it defeats the purpose. I have an extra one I might try using again, especially if the leaks are bad again tonight. I don't have a headboard so the hose just lies on the bed next to me.

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - zonk - 08-20-2013

a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Congrats

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - PsychoMike - 08-22-2013

Ellen, I can share your "woohoo" moment this morning. Trying a new mask here and, in my case, first night in a while I've been able to sleep without being awoken by a blast of air from a nasty leak. I know one night does not mean it wasn't a fluke, but hopefully we're both starting a new run of good sleep Smile

RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it - ellen1159 - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 08:31 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: Ellen, I can share your "woohoo" moment this morning. Trying a new mask here and, in my case, first night in a while I've been able to sleep without being awoken by a blast of air from a nasty leak. I know one night does not mean it wasn't a fluke, but hopefully we're both starting a new run of good sleep Smile

Mike, congratulations! I use the Quattro FX full face mask and last night used a fleece Pad A Cheek liner. I noticed that my large leaks went way down to almost nothing, but during the last half hour I had the mask on I was awake and getting a blast of air near my left eye and the mask was making a shrill squeaking noise. For whatever reason, that didn't show up on my data as a large leak.

Unfortunately, either due to anxiety, or the medication I've started to help with said anxiety, I'm not sleeping through the night, and I woke up about two hours after going to bed. Not sure how long I was awake. I've been registering more CA's than OA's since I started using the maks but since I'm awake a lot and fiddling with straps, these might not be true central apneas but fact that I"m awake and moving around.