Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ (/Thread-LOOKING-FOR-GOOD-DME-TUCSON-AZ)

Pages: 1 2

LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - cpaprap - 08-30-2013

If you have a good DME in or around Tucson. AZ I would appreciate hearing who they are.

Thank you!

cpaprap

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - bwexler - 08-30-2013

We are usually stuck with whoever our insurance company says is in network. They are under contract with the insurance company, not us. They have little incentive to make us happy.
Read as much as you can on this forum as well as recommendations an reviews from the on line suppliers listed on this forum. Than determine what YOU want and get your doctor to put your request in writing on your RX. That way any help you get from your DME is incidental, and armed with knowledge and a very specific RX you can fight for exactly what you want, even from a less cooperative DME.

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - Paptillian - 08-30-2013

I think a good start is to call all the local ones and ask them if they will vend the specific machine you request. Some will try to pocket the difference and sell you a lesser model.

Here's my biased view:

I found all the information that I needed about getting started with CPAP and how to manage my treatment right here on this forum. Therefore, I did not need advice or guidance from a DME. Also, due to my specific insurance plan and deductibles, it was cheaper for me to use an online supplier than to go to a brick & mortar DME. I did not miss anything from skipping the DME.

I realize that not everyone is capable of getting the right information for themselves or going online, and for some the assistance of a DME is second to none (literally). Also some insurance policies make it financially advantageous to use the DME to stock up on CPAP supplies. You have to be careful though because if the DME starts auto-replenishing your supplies as frequently as insurance allows, and if you have high deductibles and copays, they will bury you.

So if they give you what you want, and they do it on your schedule, I would say that's a good DME. As for any advice they give... best to get a second opinion regardless. This is a great place for that.

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - cpaprap - 08-30-2013

Thanks for the insight! I'm bummed out because I have no idea of what I'm doing is working. It looks like a scam when the doctor owns the sleep clinic, say's you need a CPAP machine, you get one and no one seems to care of it's working or not.

I have data from Sleepyhead but in spite of trying to understand it, I'm lost. I'm just about to go back to an in mouth appliance to stop the snoring and let it go at that.

cpap

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - SleepEZ - 08-30-2013

Based on my experience, avoid Apria. They're nationwide, and their phone system and customer service response are awful.

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - SleepEZ - 08-30-2013

(08-30-2013, 08:15 PM)cpaprap Wrote: ...
... I'm lost. I'm just about to go back to an in mouth appliance to stop the snoring and let it go at that.

cpap

Don't give up. Your health and well-being are at stake. After you find the right combination of equipment and settings, you'll be amazed at how much better you can feel. Smile

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - PaulaO2 - 08-30-2013

Feel free to ask for help in understanding the data. But start it in another thread so it doesn't get lost in this one.

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - Homerec130 - 08-31-2013

I sent you a private message the other day with who I am working with. Let me know if you need any additional help.

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - Jchris - 04-01-2014

(08-30-2013, 08:24 PM)SleepEZ Wrote: Based on my experience, avoid Apria. They're nationwide, and their phone system and customer service response are awful.

Hi SleepEZ,
My experience with Apria is the same !! I asked for itemized billing statements thinking that I was being double billed and they said " Why do I care ? I only paid 20 percent of the bill !!". My DME tech is great but Apria SUCKS !!! Their customer service is not awful, it is non-existant (maybe they are based in China !!!)
)

RE: LOOKING FOR GOOD DME TUCSON, AZ - herbm - 04-01-2014

American Home Patient has been good to me in Austin, TX and they are nationwide.

Aetna uses them and they seem big enough a lot of insurance companies might also.