Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp (/Thread-Swift-FX-Nano-vs-Wisp)

Pages: 1 2

Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - rayks - 09-06-2013

I've been using a Respironics Wisp for several months now, changed over from the F&P Pillairo.

I found the wisp much better, with very little leakage, and now I see a Resmed Swift FX Nano, which looks very similar

Has anyone tried both and can give me a comparison? Sadly I'm in a country where there is only 2 sleep Doctors, and since I have to buy all my masks from overseas, I have to be very careful on my selections so I don't waste the money.

Thanks in advance.

Ray

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - PaulaO2 - 09-06-2013

Have you looked through the review section to see if there's reviews of one or both? I know there is for the Wisp but not sure about the Nano.

Edit to add: a link would help, right?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Product-Reviews-Forum

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - hoffman01 - 09-27-2013

I had been using the WISP & decided to try the Nano which I ended up returning. The Nano kind of touched or laid on the tip of my nose all night & was very irritating. It is like the silicone cup isn't quite deep enough & I don't have a particularly long or large nose. So I went back to the WISP which doesn't do this.

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - JJJ - 09-27-2013

(09-06-2013, 10:50 AM)rayks Wrote: I've been using a Respironics Wisp for several months now, changed over from the F&P Pillairo. I found the wisp much better, with very little leakage ...

Me too, except for me they all leaked too much. I finally had a friend with a sewing machine and the knowledge to use it make me a custom chin strap that I place on top of the Wisp. I am happy to report that my leaks are, for the first time ever, finally very low (always under 10L).

However, for me nothing can come close to the comfort of the Pilairo. Starting tonight I am going to try it with my new chin strap on top to see if it still leaks as badly as it did before. I am hoping that the new custom chin strap will tame it like it does the Wisp.

And this morning when I dug out the Pilairo I noticed that one of the plastic clips on the elastic headband was broken. I took it to my DME (Norco) to see if I could get a replacement headband, and they insisted on giving me a whole brand new Pilairo. I kept telling them that it was more than the three month warranty, but in the end I walked out with a brand new Pilairo free of charge.

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - me50 - 09-28-2013

(09-27-2013, 09:29 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 10:50 AM)rayks Wrote: I've been using a Respironics Wisp for several months now, changed over from the F&P Pillairo. I found the wisp much better, with very little leakage ...

in the end I walked out with a brand new Pilairo free of charge.

awesome!

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - cronkster - 12-29-2017

Rayks, I've tried both and have gotten good comfort and results with the Wisp, once I replaced the undersized standard headgear with the large size (available on the web).
As for the nano, I had a Swift fx headgear and nasal pillows that I didn't like much, but I figured I'd try the nano cushion.  I tried the cushion and sent it back.  
The cushion is light - maybe too light and insubstantial.  And the short hose for the fx is too heavy - much heavier than it needs to be and than those on other masks.  The end result is that the hose drags around and deforms the thin-walled cushion causing leaks.  Good idea but poorly executed.  Not to mention that they charge big bucks for a single cushion simply because you can retrofit it to an existing Swift fx without buying a new frame.....shameless.

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - cronkster - 12-29-2017

In fact now that I think of it, the heavy short hose even drags around the nose pillows on the standard Swift fx as well, causing leaks and tempting you to over tighten the headgear.  An easily solved problem which remains unsolved.

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - HalfAsleep - 12-29-2017

I tried on the Swift FX Nano. In 3 seconds I knew it would be a disaster. The headgear was going to slide around, the silicon mask was going to get squashed and smooshed against my nose, and it was going to float down past my lip. No way was I going to be able to keep it in place.

Why aren't you sticking with the Wisp? It sounds like it's not leaky....

You might also look at the nasal version of DreamWear?

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - Mosquitobait - 12-30-2017

The Wisp is a nasal mask and the Swift is a pillows mask. I love the Swift, but yes, I have the problem with it shifting on the back of my head at night. The Airfit nasal pillows mask was actually the upgrade of the Swift, but is too tight on my head. To stop the shifting, try attaching some velcro to the back. It shifts on your head a lot less.

Velcro - the wiry side; not the side with the plastic pokies.

RE: Swift FX Nano vs Wisp - HalfAsleep - 12-30-2017

The Nano is a nasal mask. Cf. Supplier #1 search for Nano.