Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
resmed escape - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: resmed escape (/Thread-resmed-escape)

resmed escape - me50 - 09-10-2013

does the escape ResMed CPAP machine say escape on the machineI am at the DME office and she said it was an escape and then she said that it and it is called resmed s9 auto set Americas

RE: resmed escape - Bobshouse - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 02:00 PM)me50 Wrote: does the escape ResMed CPAP machine say escape on the machineI am at the DME office and she said it was an escape and then she said that it and it is called resmed s9 auto set Americas

Just checked for you and yes, the S9 Escape says Escape on the upper left...same place the Autoset says Autoset...

Personally I wouldn't sign for anything until after Im sure its what it is supposed to be. Lot of shady DME companies out there...I had one with my last cpap.

RE: resmed escape - STL Mark - 09-10-2013

The escape auto is the version of the Autoset that does not track data. It is a lesser expensive model no mater what country you are in.

RE: resmed escape - me50 - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 02:32 PM)Bobshouse Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 02:00 PM)me50 Wrote: does the escape ResMed CPAP machine say escape on the machineI am at the DME office and she said it was an escape and then she said that it and it is called resmed s9 auto set Americas

Just checked for you and yes, the S9 Escape says Escape on the upper left...same place the Autoset says Autoset...

Personally I wouldn't sign for anything until after Im sure its what it is supposed to be. Lot of shady DME companies out there...I had one with my last cpap.

thank you!! I read this while I was at the DME's office and I even went so far as to call Resmed from their office and give them the serial number to confirm that it was not the ESCAPE!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!! Awesome!!

RE: resmed escape - PaulaO2 - 09-10-2013

The S9s all have their name by the power button. It will say
Escape
Escape Auto
Autoset
Elite

The first two are cheap but worthless in terms of tracking how well (or not) your treatment is working.

RE: resmed escape - me50 - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 09:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The S9s all have their name by the power button. It will say
Escape
Escape Auto
Autoset
Elite

The first two are cheap but worthless in terms of tracking how well (or not) your treatment is working.

i have an s9 elite and now the auto set s9 (not escape) and tonight is my first night with the auto set. I am presuming they don't make an auto set s9 elite
I didn't look at they told me I don't need the EPR turned on. they did tell me that you can't look at the data for one night on the auto set like you can on the s9 elite

RE: resmed escape - alby_c - 09-11-2013

the EPR is a nice feature - I like it a lot but dial it different pressures depending on the mask.
It will display summary data for you but the best way to see what happened is to load the results into rescan or sleepyhead.

RE: resmed escape - PaulaO2 - 09-11-2013

You can see the data for a single night. Tap the Info button then tap again. This should be the detailed data. If it is set for 1 night, it will be there. You can also see averages (7 nights, 30 days).

EPR is a comfort feature although for some people, it can either cause more events or decrease the events.

There is no Elite Autoset. They are basically the same but one runs on a set pressure (ie 12) while the other runs on a range of pressures (ie 10-14)