Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rescan and Sleepyhead? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rescan and Sleepyhead? (/Thread-Rescan-and-Sleepyhead)

Rescan and Sleepyhead? - Bobshouse - 09-25-2013

Can I install and use both Rescan and Sleepyhead software on the same computer? I currently use Rescan, but want to check out sleephead before sticking to one.

Which software do most members use? If you don't mind, can you state why?

Thanks!

Bob

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - PollCat - 09-25-2013

I personally run both pieces of software; neither takes up much HD space.

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - PaulaO2 - 09-25-2013

I use both but only look at SleepyHead. That way if it looks off or is really bad, I got another source to view the same data.

I suggest you use both for a while then decide which one you like.

I really dislike ResScan's interface and the number of clicks it takes just to get started. But others love it. I never bothered to look into the various aspects of it (like I don't know how to zoom in). For me, the simplicity of SH is very appealing. I'm blonde and Southern. I like stuff simple.

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - jgjones1972 - 09-25-2013

I use both. I really like Sleepy Head and look at it first, but download everything to ResScan also and, like Paula, use it to verify or exclude anything strange I see in Sleepy Head. Sleepy Head is easy to use, easy to navigate etc., but is really buggy. ResScan is solid and reliable, but kind of cumbersome.

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - bwexler - 09-25-2013

I have both on my computer. Iam too lazy to use both, so I normally just look at SH.

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - me50 - 09-25-2013

(09-25-2013, 12:04 PM)Bobshouse Wrote: Can I install and use both Rescan and Sleepyhead software on the same computer? I currently use Rescan, but want to check out sleephead before sticking to one.

Which software do most members use? If you don't mind, can you state why?

Thanks!

Bob

I have both and since I just started a little over 3 weeks ago on the S9 autoset, I look at both of them. There are positives with both of them. ResScan I can custom reports (haven't checked to see if I can do that with SH yet).

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - alby_c - 09-26-2013

As above - I am running both. I like the diary feature in sleepyhead and the zombie report - so I can track how I was feeling each day and map that to the sleep I had.
I also like it lets you track your weight -as I find daily weight tracking really keeps me focused on the diet and exercise

I am still deciding which I will use ongoing.

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - me50 - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 04:07 AM)alby_c Wrote: As above - I am running both. I like the diary feature in sleepyhead and the zombie report - so I can track how I was feeling each day and map that to the sleep I had.
I also like it lets you track your weight -as I find daily weight tracking really keeps me focused on the diet and exercise

I am still deciding which I will use ongoing.

I can't see anything like the diary feature and the zombie report in my SH

RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead? - DeepBreathing - 09-28-2013

(09-26-2013, 07:11 AM)me50 Wrote: I can't see anything like the diary feature and the zombie report in my SH

Just below the calendar there are four tabs: Details, Events, Notes, Bookmarks. Click on Notes - you'll get an area to keep whatever journal or records you want to. At the bottom of the page there is a sliding scale Zombie .. Awesome. Just slide the marker to how you're feeling. The notes and zombie setting are saved automatically.

[attachment=496] [attachment=497]