Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
More Data Card Problems - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: More Data Card Problems (/Thread-More-Data-Card-Problems)

More Data Card Problems - bwexler - 10-06-2013

My Resmed S9 Autoset has always been temperamental with the data card. My first DME taught me to always lock it before putting it into the computer, to prevent accidental erasing the data, then to unlock it before putting it back in the S9. The S9 always complained about the data card being locked. It would take 5 or 10 times, remove card -slide it to lock than unlock before the S9 would accept it as unlocked.
Well now a new problem the S9 accepts the card no complaints, but no new data on the card since 9/26/2013. I verified this in Sleepyhead and Resscan as well as Windows 7.
The S9 reports last night 3.8 hours AHI 0.5 which is what it said when I got up for a potti break half way through the night. when I check 7 day it says 56 hours which sounds about right.

Is my data card toast even though my computer reads it just fine, OR is my S9 DATA SOCKET CONNECTION the problem?

Or is there something more serious wrong with my S9?

How should I go about diagnosing the problem?

I did put a Micro SD card and adapter in the machine today. I will see if there is any change tomorrow morning.

Should I acquire a new SD card to avoid potential problems between the adapter and the Micro SD card?

Oh-jeez

RE: More Data Card Problems - zonk - 10-06-2013

Hi bwexler
From Resmed http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_support/therapy-device-faqs.html?nc=patients
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards, and SDXC cards, do not work with S9 therapy device

Not sure if the above info still applicable with the newer machines
Try unplugging the machine and check the time/date are set correctly

RE: More Data Card Problems - me50 - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 03:15 PM)bwexler Wrote: My Resmed S9 Autoset has always been temperamental with the data card. My first DME taught me to always lock it before putting it into the computer, to prevent accidental erasing the data, then to unlock it before putting it back in the S9. The S9 always complained about the data card being locked. It would take 5 or 10 times, remove card -slide it to lock than unlock before the S9 would accept it as unlocked.
Well now a new problem the S9 accepts the card no complaints, but no new data on the card since 9/26/2013. I verified this in Sleepyhead and Resscan as well as Windows 7.
The S9 reports last night 3.8 hours AHI 0.5 which is what it said when I got up for a potti break half way through the night. when I check 7 day it says 56 hours which sounds about right.

Is my data card toast even though my computer reads it just fine, OR is my S9 DATA SOCKET CONNECTION the problem?

Or is there something more serious wrong with my S9?

How should I go about diagnosing the problem?

I did put a Micro SD card and adapter in the machine today. I will see if there is any change tomorrow morning.

Should I acquire a new SD card to avoid potential problems between the adapter and the Micro SD card?

Oh-jeez

For me, if I try to download info before 7 AM then it won't show anything. Also, today when I downloaded my info, Resmed showed when I took a nap yesterday before noon but SH did not. I am about to check and see if SH counted it on the previous day. Therefore, the AHI did not match between SH and Resmed.

RE: More Data Card Problems - zonk - 10-06-2013

I have not used sleepyHead, CPAP new day (24 hours) start at noon, sleeping past noon including afternoon naps counts toward the following day

RE: More Data Card Problems - me50 - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 06:23 PM)zonk Wrote: I have not used sleepyHead, CPAP new day (24 hours) start at noon, sleeping past noon including afternoon naps counts toward the following day

I think in SH if you take a nap before noon, it counts for the previous day but I think that in ResScan, it counts for the day you took a nap. I will post an example later on.
[attachment=500]
[attachment=501]

[attachment=502]
[attachment=503]