Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Really dumb question? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Really dumb question? (/Thread-Really-dumb-question)

Really dumb question? - Peter_C - 10-13-2013

When someone starts a thread that I want to follow, I enjoy getting an email when there is a new post in the thread - but the only way I can see to get emails on a thread is to post myself in the thread. Which is fine if I have something to offer, but it's kinda lame to just add a 'good luck' post just so I'll get an email when the thread gets a reply.

Am I missing a 'button' to push or something? Or is posting in the new thread the only way to get emailed new posts?

I subscribe to the forum, so I get emails of new threads, but I'd like to 'subscribe' to a thread at times too.

Ideas?

RE: Really dumb question? - me50 - 10-14-2013

(10-13-2013, 11:23 PM)Peter_C Wrote: When someone starts a thread that I want to follow, I enjoy getting an email when there is a new post in the thread - but the only way I can see to get emails on a thread is to post myself in the thread. Which is fine if I have something to offer, but it's kinda lame to just add a 'good luck' post just so I'll get an email when the thread gets a reply.

Am I missing a 'button' to push or something? Or is posting in the new thread the only way to get emailed new posts?

I subscribe to the forum, so I get emails of new threads, but I'd like to 'subscribe' to a thread at times too.

Ideas?

If you look below your post before you post it, you will see signature, disable smiles, do not subscribe to this thread, subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies and subscribe and receive email notification of new replies. Select the 3rd on about subscribing BEFORE you post then select post reply and you will get a notification when someone replies.

DISCLAIMER: I can do it the same way from my phone but I don't know if everyone using a cell phone can do it the same way.

Hope this helps.

RE: Really dumb question? - DeepBreathing - 10-14-2013

Hi me50. I think the OP was asking if it's possible to subscribe to a thread without posting to it. In other words to follow it without necessarily participating. I'd be interested in knowing this too.

(10-14-2013, 04:49 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi me50. I think the OP was asking if it's possible to subscribe to a thread without posting to it. In other words to follow it without necessarily participating. I'd be interested in knowing this too.

I understand that he wanted to follow it without posting if he didn't have anything to offer but what I posted is the only way I know to do it.

Maybe others can help with this or maybe an admin can help.

RE: Really dumb question? - Peter_C - 10-14-2013

I found it~!

If you look at the very bottom of the thread (under the last post) at the bottom left corner of the page is a link called "Subscribe to this thread" - which if clicked takes you to the same options you get when you post a reply. PERFECT~!!

(10-14-2013, 10:29 AM)Peter_C Wrote: I found it~!

If you look at the very bottom of the thread (under the last post) at the bottom left corner of the page is a link called "Subscribe to this thread" - which if clicked takes you to the same options you get when you post a reply. PERFECT~!!

That is great to know!! I couldn't see that b/c I was subscribed to this thread! Thank you!!

RE: Really dumb question? - PaulaO2 - 10-14-2013

Glad you answered your own question!

For more information on this topic, check out this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-Forum-and-Thread-Subscriptions

And for any forum assistance software help, go the the Help Section of the forum. Look for the threads with the [How To] in the subject. Or ask your question there.

I will actually move this thread there in a few hours.