Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
S9 Data Card - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: S9 Data Card (/Thread-S9-Data-Card)

Pages: 1 2

S9 Data Card - hoppy49 - 10-20-2013

I am having a problem with my S9 data card. I have an Apple and used it with the SleepyHead software. SleepyHead advises you lock the card when using with an Apple computer. I downloaded my data and unlocked the card. When I inserted the data card back into the Autoset it says my card is still locked. any suggestions?

RE: S9 Data Card - me50 - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 04:11 PM)hoppy49 Wrote: I am having a problem with my S9 data card. I have an Apple and used it with the SleepyHead software. SleepyHead advises you lock the card when using with an Apple computer. I downloaded my data and unlocked the card. When I inserted the data card back into the Autoset it says my card is still locked. any suggestions?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-More-Data-Card-Problems?highlight=sd+card+still+locked

see if this thread helps you. Welcome to the forum!

RE: S9 Data Card - hoppy49 - 10-20-2013

Thank you for the link. I did as suggested, locked and unlocked it and it finally accepted the card. Again thanks.

RE: S9 Data Card - me50 - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 04:41 PM)hoppy49 Wrote: Thank you for the link. I did as suggested, locked and unlocked it and it finally accepted the card. Again thanks.

Glad it helped! Your welcome! What we are here for is to try and help each other

RE: S9 Data Card - trish6hundred - 10-20-2013

Hi hoppy49,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: S9 Data Card - bwexler - 10-20-2013

I thought I was the only one with that problem. I would lock and unlock and insert into the machine 5 or 10 times before the machine would believe it was unlocked. Very frustrating and one of the reasons I am getting a new machine.

(10-20-2013, 04:11 PM)hoppy49 Wrote: I am having a problem with my S9 data card. I have an Apple and used it with the SleepyHead software. SleepyHead advises you lock the card when using with an Apple computer. I downloaded my data and unlocked the card. When I inserted the data card back into the Autoset it says my card is still locked. any suggestions?

RE: S9 Data Card - Bernie - 01-18-2014

(10-20-2013, 10:08 PM)bwexler Wrote: I thought I was the only one with that problem. I would lock and unlock and insert into the machine 5 or 10 times before the machine would believe it was unlocked. Very frustrating and one of the reasons I am getting a new machine.

The slider on the data card does not lock or unlock the card. It is just a tab that can be moved into the lock or unlock position. The tab mechanically activates a microswitch in the card reader and that microswitch determines whether the card reader is write-enabled or not.

Your card reader microswitch might be on the edge of tolerance. Jiggling the card from side to side might trigger the microswitch. Alternately, a thin film of cement on the edge of the card slider might make it work more reliably.

RE: S9 Data Card - herbm - 01-28-2014

Also, some cards have a loose slider.

Merely inserting them can cause enough friction to move it to the locked position.

High quality 'scotch' tape works, if you are careful, to hold the slider in the right position.

RE: S9 Data Card - PaulaO2 - 01-28-2014

I'd not get another machine. I'd get another card.

RE: S9 Data Card - apw5746 - 01-28-2014

Can any SD card be used, or does the place that supplied me the machine have to provide a specific one? I'm retired military and can get a 1 GB SD cheaper than my CPAP supplier will charge Medicare, which is a laugh.