Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleep test tonight - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleep test tonight (/Thread-Sleep-test-tonight)

Pages: 1 2

Sleep test tonight - Philipg33 - 10-26-2013

Ok, Big Saturday night for me. Going to a sleep test. I have been through this before about 10 years ago so I know what to expect. Also, trying to tire myself out today so I can get through the night sleeping!!

My question is, which full facemask should I request? The type is best for me to use vs. nose or pillows...but do you have any suggestions that I can ask them for?

Thank you!

RE: Sleep test tonight - Bompa - 10-26-2013

(10-26-2013, 02:57 PM)Philipg33 Wrote: Ok, Big Saturday night for me. Going to a sleep test. I have been through this before about 10 years ago so I know what to expect. Also, trying to tire myself out today so I can get through the night sleeping!!

My question is, which full facemask should I request? The type is best for me to use vs. nose or pillows...but do you have any suggestions that I can ask them for?

Thank you!

Whatever you feel comfortable with.
Ask the Tech..he might be able to suggest.
Good Luck!
Sleep-wellCoffee

RE: Sleep test tonight - Tez62 - 10-26-2013

Philipg33, as you would know most FFMs take some getting used too, I use the Resmed Mirage Quattro but the newest Resmed FFM on the market is the Quattro Air, I have heard of good reviews for it. Good luck with the sleep study, I have one every two years, I don't think you ever get used to sleeping in a different environment with wires attached, let us know your results when you get them. You may also want to look at upgrading your CPAP but that's up to you.

RE: Sleep test tonight - trish6hundred - 10-26-2013

Hi Philipg33,
Good luck with your sleepstudy tonight. Use whatever mask you feel more comfortable with.
let us know how it goes.

RE: Sleep test tonight - Philipg33 - 10-26-2013

Thank you all for the well wishes!

I'm pretty confident for this study! I think I've gotten used to a FFM over the last month at home. I am most definitely going to upgrade all equipment. That is the only reason I'm doing this as I needed a Dr. RX to get anything. My test was too old to use and also, I had tonsils and my Uvula removed since I was diagnosed in 2003. I was severe at that time, now I'm "moderate" . Either way, I'm still TIRED!

I will post how it went! Thank you all for the words of encouragement!

RE: Sleep test tonight - PaulaO2 - 10-26-2013

I will move this over to the Main forum where it can get the attention it deserves.

RE: Sleep test tonight - LOVEDOG - 10-26-2013

Good luck with your study tonight!! Don't let the wires tickle! Smile

LOVEDOG

RE: Sleep test tonight - Peter_C - 10-27-2013

Well, how did it go? Fill us in when you wake up...

RE: Sleep test tonight - skyler - 10-30-2013

yeah, please let us know how it went.

RE: Sleep test tonight - Philipg33 - 10-30-2013

Hello all,

Well, unfortunately, they will not tell me the results. I have to wait about 7 days for the report to reach my Dr. I did get the report back from the study without the mask. If you want, I can post numbers. The test said I have "moderate Apnea" as opposed to Severe which I did have 10 years ago. I think it said I have 17 AHI / hour. The one negative it did say is that my sleep efficiency is lower than the the test 10 years ago...

As soon as I hear the results I'll let you all know. Thank you so much for the interest!!!