Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) (/Thread-Strange-issue-with-my-machine-bipap-switches-to-auto)

Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - Tom in RI - 11-04-2013

I have been using Sleepyhead since the Spring of this year. Every 40 days or so the settings change from Bi-level to Auto. That lasts for a day or two then the setting switches back. I am not doing anything differently from day to day. Anyone else have this issue? Any idea what would cause it?

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - PaulaO2 - 11-04-2013

Not a freakin' clue!

I updated your subject line so the right folks can see it and give you answers.

My guess is aliens.

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - robysue - 11-04-2013

This may be a SleepyHead bug. I've seen another user on a different forum posting about the same kind of issue, and over there we've just about concluded that this must be a SH bug. Have you got Encore? If so, it's worth seeing what the data looks like in Encore. Also, you could check the machine's settings via the clinical menu whenever you notice SH saying the settings have changed. In other words, if SH reports that the machine has changed from BiPAP to AUTO, check the settings to see what the machine says it is set to.

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - eviltim - 11-05-2013

Yeah Sleepyhead hasn't always reported it correctly for me. Does the actual pressure change on these auto days?

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - me50 - 11-05-2013

yesterday I took a nap from 11:30 to 2. ResScan doesn't show the 30 minutes from 11:30 to 12 (at least not today but it may show it tomorrow but I doubt it because what is missing is from 11:30 to 12 on the 4th; it may have included it on the 3rd since it was before noon) but SH does show it on the 4th.

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - Tom in RI - 11-07-2013

I believe now it is a SH bug. As far as I know, the pressures did not change and settings are shown as bi-level after a day or two (it happened this week for the 4th time which is why I posted now).

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - DeepBreathing - 11-07-2013

I've just had a similar issue. I had an S9 for a month or so on hire, then a Phillips for about three weeks and now an S9 VPAP Adapt. Sleepyhead reported everything more or less correctly until I loaded the data for the new S9 and now all of a sudden it's showing the original S9 cycling through CPAP, auto and VPAP on a daily basis. And the pressure toggles between zero and 700. Wierd!!

At least the daily details seem to be OK - it's just in the summary statistics that this problem shows up.

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - vsheline - 11-07-2013

(11-05-2013, 02:03 PM)me50 Wrote: yesterday I took a nap from 11:30 to 2. ResScan doesn't show the 30 minutes from 11:30 to 12 (at least not today but it may show it tomorrow but I doubt it because what is missing is from 11:30 to 12 on the 4th; it may have included it on the 3rd since it was before noon) but SH does show it on the 4th.

Hi me50,

If you downloaded data into ResScan and later the same day (a day starts at what the machine thinks is noon) you use the machine some more, ResScan will disregard the new data, assuming you select "Discard" option when downloading.

If the affected days are within the last 7 days (for which the SD card will still have "High Rate" data and detailed data) it is best to delete in ResScan only the days affected, and then download data from card into ResScan again, always selecting the "Discard" option. Both the previously-deleted data and the new data will be downloaded anew.

ResScan will discard new data for any day it already has any data for, unless the "Overwrite" option is selected, but the Overwrite option can cause you to lose previously downloaded "high rate" data and/or detailed data for the days which the SD card no longer has data for. So I never select "Overwrite".

Take care,
--- Vaughn

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - me50 - 11-08-2013

Thanks Vaughn! That is what I did and it showed up now!

RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto) - justMongo - 11-08-2013

Have you checked for pods?

(Attempt at humor -- you have to be old to understand the movie reference.)