Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 (/Thread-CPAP-filters-for-ResMed-S9)

Pages: 1 2

CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - zonk - 11-10-2013

I made a boo-boo, ordering the filters from Supplier #10 not realizing its not the genuine article until arrived at my doorstep

The filters made by Sunset healthcare, looks slightly thinner than Resmed filters. Any problem using these filters or discard and get Resmed filters

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - Peter_C - 11-10-2013

Depends on why you want to use them? If to protect the machine, no worries to use them. If you are trying to filter the air for yourself, they may not be as good.

Personally, I am only trying to protect my machine, so most any filter media is fine in my book.

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - hobbs - 11-10-2013

Less of a boo-boo than a truth in advertising problem I would say. Some vendors are very suspect in how the filters are described.

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - LinkC - 11-10-2013

I agree with Peter. Unless you walk around all day with rolled up filters in your nostrils, you are breathing unfiltered air (gasp). The filters are to protect the equipment from dirt buildup over time. You, on the other hand, have a built-in air filter right in the middle of your face!

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - trish6hundred - 11-10-2013

Hi LinkC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - trish6hundred - 11-10-2013

(11-10-2013, 03:26 AM)zonk Wrote: I made a boo-boo, ordering the filters from Supplier #10 not realizing its not the genuine article until arrived at my doorstep

The filters made by Sunset healthcare, looks slightly thinner than Resmed filters. Any problem using these filters or discard and get Resmed filters
Hi zonk,
I wouldn't think you would have any problems with those filters.
If you decide to use them, let us know Ωhow they work out for you.

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - LinkC - 11-10-2013

(11-10-2013, 08:05 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi LinkC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thanks Trish!

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - Peter_C - 11-11-2013

Yes LinkC, welcome Smile And, my point exactly Smile I believe the filter we have to be good enough for me, and for the machine most anything that won't collapse should do the trick, the key being to replace/clean before it clogs completely.

Plus the fact that all my air is blowing across a water chamber does add another level of filtration, granted but a small one as the air blows across and not bubbles through (a side note, I have often wondered why we do not have the air bubbling through the water instead?).

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - zonk - 11-11-2013

(11-10-2013, 04:53 PM)hobbs Wrote: Some vendors are very suspect in how the filters are described.
Agree. "Generic filters to fit Resmed S9 CPAP" would been more appropriate description
I don,t usually get the filters from US, this one and only item cheaper in Australia LOL

RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9 - worthog - 11-12-2013

Hi Zonk
Just changed my filter about 10 mins ago with an Aussie brand and yes they do look thinner.
Lets see how they perform