Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! (/Thread-SD-anxiety-a-new-disorder-and-for-nothing)

SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - djjwilly - 11-15-2013

Hi everyone: I went to my DME to have my SD card info printed for the doctor. All was well and not erased as I feared. All that anxiety for nothing. They're giving me a APAP machine for a trial as soon as it can be delivered. I've been having a horrible time getting used to CPAP probably because of all the other medical issues I have and also because I wasn't correctly trained how to become a cpaper. My AHI was 9 and she said that was too high, time to do something, so a new machine is in order. Don't worry if your card gives you scary messages. The info is still there. Love, DJ

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - trish6hundred - 11-15-2013

Hi djjwilly,
It's GREAT to hear that all was well that ended well with your SD card and I wish you much luck with the new machine. I look forward to hearing how the new machine works out for you.
Sleep well

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - PaulaO2 - 11-15-2013

I'm glad you have a doc who looks at more than hours used. 9 isn't too bad, still high for someone using a machine but not bad. Keep it up!

An autoPAP is a good thing for you as it will adjust as you sleep.

Please keep coming back and let us know how it goes. And ask any questions you have or give any advice to any other newbs! You've "been there done that" now.

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - me50 - 11-16-2013

(11-15-2013, 11:10 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Hi everyone: I went to my DME to have my SD card info printed for the doctor. All was well and not erased as I feared. All that anxiety for nothing. They're giving me a APAP machine for a trial as soon as it can be delivered. I've been having a horrible time getting used to CPAP probably because of all the other medical issues I have and also because I wasn't correctly trained how to become a cpaper. My AHI was 9 and she said that was too high, time to do something, so a new machine is in order. Don't worry if your card gives you scary messages. The info is still there. Love, DJ

I had a feeling that was the case!! So glad that is the way it turned out. Much success with your new machine!

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - djjwilly - 11-16-2013

Thanks for the replies, my friends. You've all been such a comfort through this terrible ordeal. I'm so grateful to be able to come here for help and friendship. I'm not sure why I need an APAP. Does it breathe with me instead of against me? That's how CPAP feels to me. Love, DJ

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - me50 - 11-16-2013

(11-16-2013, 06:57 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Thanks for the replies, my friends. You've all been such a comfort through this terrible ordeal. I'm so grateful to be able to come here for help and friendship. I'm not sure why I need an APAP. Does it breathe with me instead of against me? That's how CPAP feels to me. Love, DJ

APAP means that you don't have to use a set pressure but you can if you want to. You can set the pressure range with a low and a high.

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - djjwilly - 11-16-2013

Thanks. I'll have to do some reading about it. Looking forward to a change. Love, DJ

RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing! - Peter_C - 11-20-2013

Congrats to you Smile

I wish my AHI was as low (last night was 19.4, AI of 2.3) but I am also way past due for a new study. Just keep with it, and time and tweaks will get you good.