Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster (/Thread-Need-Help-with-SleepyHead-Disaster)

Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - Lukie - 11-23-2013

Okay I downloaded Sleepyhead for Mac OS X 10.5
I used a data card reader mac compatible
Data was fine and I saved it in PDF file
BUT. When I put the card back into my ResMed S 9
I got this error message:
Are you sure?
Invalid SD Card,
Erase card data?
Yes. No

Help! what do I do now?

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - robysue - 11-23-2013

Let the S9 erase the card. It will write the compliance data and the summary data back to the card. The next time you want to put the card into your Mac, make sure you push the little lock switch from the "unlocked" position to the "locked" position. That will prevent your Mac from writing some hidden files that Finder always wants to put in every folder onto the card. It's these hidden files that the S9 is screaming about.

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - Lukie - 11-23-2013

(11-23-2013, 02:37 PM)robysue Wrote: Let the S9 erase the card. It will write the compliance data and the summary data back to the card. The next time you want to put the card into your Mac, make sure you push the little lock switch from the "unlocked" position to the "locked" position. That will prevent your Mac from writing some hidden files that Finder always wants to put in every folder onto the card. It's these hidden files that the S9 is screaming about.

Okay I erased the card but when I put it back into the S9 my data screen reads:
period: last night
Usage: 0.0

Are you sure it put the data back?

Also, is it safe for me to continue using Sleepyhead this way? I do love the program
But I don't want trouble from Medicare.
thanks a bundle!!!?

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - PaulaO2 - 11-23-2013

Yes, because it is probably after noon. ResMed machines start the next day at noon.

It will rewrite at least the compliance data for the past 365 days.

Give it a few hours, take the card out, lock it, put it in your mac, and you'll see it is there.

(11-23-2013, 02:52 PM)Lukie Wrote:
(11-23-2013, 02:37 PM)robysue Wrote: Let the S9 erase the card. It will write the compliance data and the summary data back to the card. The next time you want to put the card into your Mac, make sure you push the little lock switch from the "unlocked" position to the "locked" position. That will prevent your Mac from writing some hidden files that Finder always wants to put in every folder onto the card. It's these hidden files that the S9 is screaming about.

Okay I erased the card but when I put it back into the S9 my data screen reads:
period: last night
Usage: 0.0

Are you sure it put the data back?

Also, is it safe for me to continue using Sleepyhead this way? I do love the program
But I don't want trouble from Medicare.
thanks a bundle!!!?
The LCD data was updated at NOON local time. So even if you had NOT had the problems with the SD card, at this time of day, the Usage period for last night would read 0.0 if you haven't had any naps since NOON. Look at the Usage for the last seven days. It should show that you have some usage there.

And yes, it's safe to continue using SleepyHead. The problem is NOT SleepyHead. The problem is that the Mac writes hidden files on an unlocked SD card to make Finder's life easier.

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - Lukie - 11-23-2013

(11-23-2013, 02:57 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, because it is probably after noon. ResMed machines start the next day at noon.

It will rewrite at least the compliance data for the past 365 days.

Give it a few hours, take the card out, lock it, put it in your mac, and you'll see it is there.

Thank you so much! This board rocks! ;-)

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - zonk - 11-23-2013

Advanced info menu (hold the two silver buttons for 3 sec) shows your therapy and compliance data for up to 365 days. Also you can view machine setting as shown in the clinical menu but cannot make any changes from here

Data storage on the machine and on SD card
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfort/new_en_gb/compliance-management.html

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - cbramsey - 11-23-2013

To quote from the SleepyHead Users Guide,

Quote:Mac Users
It pays to write-protect your SD card with the plastic tab before inserting into your Mac.
The reason is OSX tries to write an index file/thumbnail cache (.DS_Store) without asking. This can totally screw up the SD cards file tables, as some CPAP machines don't fully implement the Fat16/32 disk standards.
Remember to unlock it afterwards. (Your CPAP machine should warn you if you forget)

As far as compliance goes, you will not have any issues with Medicare if you use the machine greater than or equal to 4 hours a night for 70% of nights during a consecutive 30 day period via direct download or visual inspection of usage data. Source: Reimbursement Fact Sheet for ResMed

Sleep-well

[quote='cbramsey' pid='50267' dateline='1385257742']

[quote]Mac Users
It pays to write-protect your SD card with the plastic tab before inserting into your Mac.
The reason is OSX tries to write an index file/thumbnail cache (.DS_Store) without asking. This can totally screw up the SD cards file tables, as some CPAP machines don't fully implement the Fat16/32 disk standards.
Remember to unlock it afterwards. (Your CPAP machine should warn you if you forget)[/quote]

This comment also seems to apply to Windows 8.1 users as well from what I've seen on this board and other boards as well.

RE: Need Help with SleepyHead Disaster - cbramsey - 11-23-2013

(11-23-2013, 09:40 PM)robysue Wrote: [quote='cbramsey' pid='50267' dateline='1385257742']

Quote:Mac Users
Remember to unlock it afterwards. (Your CPAP machine should warn you if you forget)

This comment also seems to apply to Windows 8.1 users as well from what I've seen on this board and other boards as well.

That is true. Good habit to be in. Rolleyes

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.