Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Try This To Stay Asleep Thru Night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Try This To Stay Asleep Thru Night (/Thread-Try-This-To-Stay-Asleep-Thru-Night)

Try This To Stay Asleep Thru Night - Schnauzers 5 - 03-20-2012

1-2 TBS of Raw almond butter before bed. I have not tried it yet but my sister has and claims it works. She has had trouble staying asleep for several yrs. Dr Oz claims it helps also. Let me know how it works for you.ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSleep-well

Also: Do you get excited when you get a new headgear and pillows and look forward to going to bed? I do, because I know I will have a good nights' sleep again for several weeks until I need to replace again.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - zonk - 03-21-2012

Hi Sleeping Beauty
1st part of question
Almond butter have not tried but my preferred way to go to bed spirited cup of honey flavored warm milk or rum flavored banana smoothie does help sleep thru the night
2nd part of question
New cushion definite yes but not new straps as it,s too firm prefer when stretched a little.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - Jenny - 03-21-2012

[/u]
(03-20-2012, 11:03 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: 1-2 TBS of Raw almond butter before bed. I

Thanks for the tip! I have been drinking 2 teabags worth of sleepytime tea the last 2 nights and have actually slept straight thru 5 1/2 hours! (I'm thinking of drinking 3 teabags tonight.) This is a major [u]improvement for me. I'm going out right now and buy almond butter and add that into the quotient as well. My goal is to sleep at least 7 hours straight thru. Again, I really appreciate that.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - tomhole - 03-21-2012

Should I be replacing my pillows every few weeks? Eeeghads. I need to get on insurance.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - Schnauzers 5 - 03-21-2012

No, pillows should be replaced once a month or maybe you can go six weeks . You should get two sets each time so you don't have to order again ea month. The headgear about every 3 months. The long hose once a year or longer. That smaller connector hose comes with the headgear and entire pillow part. I wash my headgear when I get it and then once or twice after that. Of course I wash pillows and rinse hoses often too.

If you have a Trader Joes near, that is where she got the almond butter. I also heard Dr Oz mention it again last night. I saw Welches cherry juice, but I doubt I would like the taste. Bananas give me heartburn. I use one 5-HTP ea night it is really Melatonin. But in the AM I don't want to get up.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - PaulaO2 - 03-21-2012

If you mean nasal pillows, they are replaceable by most insurances only once every 3 months. Changing them every month would be a waste of money. If you keep them clean--and clean them correctly--they should last the 3 months. I think this applies to most other parts of a mask as well.

Every three months I get a care package from my DME. If they get it right (which sometimes he does not), I get 3 sets of filters, an entire new mask, and a new hose. Sometimes a new hose-to-mask adapter is in there. Trust me, if they could sell me over-priced cushions, they would!

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - Jenny - 03-21-2012

(03-21-2012, 10:08 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: If you have a Trader Joes near, that is where she got the almond butter. I also heard Dr Oz mention it again last night. I saw Welches cherry juice, but I doubt I would like the taste.

I just got the raw almond butter (at Wegman's, but I'll keep Trader's in mind) and I believe it is tart cherry juice that Oz recognizes, for its ability to enable sleep--I drink that too (but I need to be more disciplined about it). I saw him talk about the tart cherry juice on a show once. Interestingly, the almond butter is good due to its effect to keep the blood sugar from spiking low during sleep, which they think makes one wake up too soon. Also, in the article I googled, it said that the almond butter actually makes you feel like you've slept double, so if you only sleep 4 hours, you actually feel like you've slept eight. I'm going to try the butter tonight, so I'll keep you posted. This is all such great news to me.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - Netskier - 03-21-2012

(03-21-2012, 10:08 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: If you have a Trader Joes near, that is where she got the almond butter. I also heard Dr Oz mention it again last night. I saw Welches cherry juice, but I doubt I would like the taste. Bananas give me heartburn. I use one 5-HTP ea night it is really Melatonin. But in the AM I don't want to get up.

5-HTP is not melatonin, but is a precursor that gets converted to melatonin, and perhaps some other things.

RE: Try This To STay Asleep Thru Night - Schnauzers 5 - 03-22-2012

I'm sorry, I meant hydroxytryptophan. Natrol brand. Whatever it is helps me get to sleep usually. Says mood inhancer in the bottle but I think during the day it might make me sleepy. Sometimes I also take a real melatonin made by Costco.