Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Nuance mask? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Nuance mask? (/Thread-Nuance-mask)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Nuance mask? - PaulaO2 - 11-26-2013

Anyone try this mask yet?

I'm not overly thrilled with the Swift LT For Her so I'm looking to see what else is out there in terms of nasal pillows. I've tried almost all of them.

Not interested in the Pilario due to everyone having issues with nasal sores. I have extremely sensitive skin (friable) so not going to risk it.

The GoLife looks weird. Anyone use that one?

RE: Nuance mask? - RockABye - 11-26-2013

Paula, the Nuance was the mask that I used during my titration study last Friday and I loved it! Of course, I have nothing else to compare it too, but it was very light and comfortable, and didn't leave any marks on my face. The nasal pillows are gel filled and very soft, but they didn't seem to collapse when I rolled around during the night. I have very long hair and I wondered if the strap would slip on the back of my head as I rolled over, but it never moved. I sleep on my side part of the time and on my back the rest of the time, so I know I rolled around with it. The nasal pillows sit on the outside of the nostrils and didn't feel like I had something "sticking in my nose" which would have driven me nuts. lol I remember that at one point during the night I woke up feeling like my right nostril was a bit sore. I think the pillow had shifted a bit to where it was pointed at an angle towards the side of the nostril. I just pulled it away from my nose for a few seconds, then put it back on my nostrils. It went back into place perfectly, and I didn't have any more issues with it. My nose wasn't sore in the morning. It's the mask that I plan to order with my machine when I get my prescription this week (or next week depending on how much time my doctor takes off for Turkey Day!). It worked great for me!

RE: Nuance mask? - me50 - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 09:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Anyone try this mask yet?

I'm not overly thrilled with the Swift LT For Her so I'm looking to see what else is out there in terms of nasal pillows. I've tried almost all of them.

Not interested in the Pilario due to everyone having issues with nasal sores. I have extremely sensitive skin (friable) so not going to risk it.

The GoLife looks weird. Anyone use that one?

I saw it today and it looks interesting. It is really new I was told. If the wisp doesn't work well for me and maybe even if it does, I am going to try it. I wasn't shown the GoLife today.

RE: Nuance mask? - PaulaO2 - 11-26-2013

It's time for me to get a new mask. I'm hoping they'll just send it to me rather than me going in for a "fitting". Everywhere I saw it online, it had all 3 sizes in the box.

I have a wee little nose so I don't know if something sitting just on the outside would work. But I can try, right?

RE: Nuance mask? - Peter_C - 12-08-2013

Please let us know what you learn? I've been working with a Swift LT, and am slowly getting used to it.

RE: Nuance mask? - PaulaO2 - 12-08-2013

I keep forgetting to call. It is on my list of "Crap to Do Monday".

I keep getting a tender spot inside my nostril from the Swift LT. It doesn't hurt when I put it in but in the morning or if I wake up with leaks, it is sore and is "stuck" in place. I don't tolerate that from a mask.

RE: Nuance mask? - Peter_C - 12-08-2013

(12-08-2013, 06:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I keep forgetting to call. It is on my list of "Crap to Do Monday".

I keep getting a tender spot inside my nostril from the Swift LT. It doesn't hurt when I put it in but in the morning or if I wake up with leaks, it is sore and is "stuck" in place. I don't tolerate that from a mask.

I've been using the 'cream' everyone here said to get, and by using it every night, my nose is slowly becoming adjusted to the nose pillows - which I like as I seem to breathe easier when using them rather than the Wisp.

I've not tried any other nose pillow style mask in recent years (I must pay for everything)

RE: Nuance mask? - JJJ - 12-09-2013

(11-26-2013, 09:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Anyone try this mask yet?

I'm interested in this mask too. I prefer pillows, but they leak too much for me. The Wisp + chin strap on top is working, but I keep wishing I could find a pillow mask that would work under the chin strap as well as the Wisp does. I've tried the Pilairo under the chin strap, but the leaks were awful. The thing that strikes me about the Nuance is that the headgear looks very similar to the Wisp. Dare I say it looks like all they did was take the nasal mask off the Wisp and stick some pillows on instead. Even the headgear comes in either fabric or silicone, same as the Wisp.

Hoping for some reviews. But I may just call up and order it anyway.

RE: Nuance mask? - PaulaO2 - 12-09-2013

I called the CPAP Idiots (that's what my To Do list said) and they actually carry it. It will be arriving in a few days. Even though they are just a few minutes down the road, they prefer to ship via FedEx. I even have to use a 1-800 number to reach them.

Anyway, it should be here Wednesday.

RE: Nuance mask? - Peter_C - 12-09-2013

Way for them to keep that overhead nice and low - have everyone that gets free long-distance use an 800 number that costs $$$ - LOL

Silly me tightened the straps a bit on the Swift LT a bit last night (noticed some leaking when I moved) now my entire nose is so sore, switching to the Wisp for a few days...

My only complaint about the Wisp, is that the end of my nose touches the mask and it bugs me (I don't even have a big nose either)