Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
What type of CPAP machine do you use? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: What type of CPAP machine do you use? (/Thread-What-type-of-CPAP-machine-do-you-use)

Pages: 1 2

What type of CPAP machine do you use? - zonk - 03-21-2012

Does one type offer some advantage over the other
Please vote and make a further comment if you wish
All opinions are valid and valued
Thanks

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - Gillean - 03-21-2012

I started using a CPAP some 12 years ago...at the time they said I was right on the edge of having to go to a Bipap but I have never had issues... Not sure if it would make any difference.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - Ltmedic66 - 03-21-2012

I have a straight CPAP, so I don't know if I would like APAP better. I do not like the pressure changes of ramp, so I suspect that I would not like APAP.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - zonk - 03-21-2012

I have used my S9 in CPAP and AutoSet mode and prefer the AutoSet as the pressure adjust throughout the night breath by breath in any position whether sleeping on my side or back. It take the guess work out of having a single pressure all night as I don,t need the higher pressure all night and having the least amount of pressure is much more comfortable.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - mckevin32 - 03-21-2012

I was content with my CPAP until the doctor ordered an APAP for a home titration (I was questioning my pressure because I had begun to wake myself up snoring). In any case, the week with the APAP made me a believer. The pressure changes didn't bother me, and the generally lower pressure was much more tolerable. Unfortunately BCBS declined my request for an APAP, so I am currently considering purchasing one myself.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - cbramsey - 03-21-2012

I started out using a regular CPAP when I was diagnosed with OSA in 2002. It was replaced with another regular CPAP in 2008.

In November, 2011, I went with the Philips Respironics APAP I have now. My sleep is much improved now because my APAP is SO much quieter than my previous machines.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - Dreamcatcher - 03-21-2012

Started with cpap but didnt like the feel of it so went back to apap

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - The Happy Dreamer - 03-21-2012

I use a auto.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - PollCat - 03-21-2012

I used a straight CPAP machine for 15+ years. I now use the Autoset mainly for the reporting capabilities. I have not noticed a change in the quality or quantity of my sleep.

RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use? - Cutter - 03-21-2012

I'm on my third CPAP. I can't believe how much they have improved over the last 10 years.