Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Should I be concerned about machine falling? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Should I be concerned about machine falling? (/Thread-Equipment-Should-I-be-concerned-about-machine-falling)

Pages: 1 2

Should I be concerned about machine falling? - Aletta - 12-21-2013

I bought a S9 Adapt from a dealer and it was shipped in a small box with no padding. The machine was only in a small Resmed canvas type bag (not the bigger more padded bag that also holds the humidifier). I saw the delivery man stacking boxes on a cart and as he started pushing the cart the smaller boxes fell down to the street. Resmed tells me that they do "drop testing" with their machines but I am concerned that this box could have been thrown about during shipping too. Should I worry?

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - PaulaO2 - 12-21-2013

Was this machine supposed to be new? If so, send it back. Tell them you want a machine in its original box and packing material.

It it was bought used, do you mean the black travel bag? It is well padded.

Otherwise, yes, it should be fine. A simple fall from a cart is survivable. It was turned off, the humidifier was empty.

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - Aletta - 12-21-2013

Thank you for your time Paula. The humidifier was not included and it was not in the travel bag. Just the "blower" part in a small Resmed canvas bag that is not padded - no other padding in the cardboard box either

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - PaulaO2 - 12-22-2013

It should still be fine.

If you bought it used, complain like mad. The S9 Adapt is not a cheap machine! To pack it with no protection is like transporting a Lotus using a U-Haul car dolly. Sure, it gets the job done but it won't be pretty.

If you bought it new. send it back.

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - Aletta - 12-22-2013

Thanks Paula - like your analogy!

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - justMongo - 12-23-2013

(12-22-2013, 01:37 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It should still be fine.

If you bought it used, complain like mad. The S9 Adapt is not a cheap machine! To pack it with no protection is like transporting a Lotus using a U-Haul car dolly. Sure, it gets the job done but it won't be pretty.

If you bought it new. send it back.

Paula -- nice metaphor. As a "car guy" I really dig it.

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - TheDuke - 12-23-2013

Obviously XPAP' shouldn't be banged around, however I think the relevant question is, Does the machine work OK. If it doesn't, there is a very legitimate complaint, but if it does work OK I wouldn't worry about it. I think if there is damage, it would be quickly apparent.

TheDuke

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - Aletta - 12-24-2013

Thank you Duke

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - Homerec130 - 12-25-2013

I would still file a complaint with the company so that it is on record in the event anything happens further down the road.

RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling? - vsheline - 12-25-2013

Also, you can ask for Clinician Manual for the machine following directions given in the Important Threads section at top of main forum page.

The Clinician Manual will tell you how to check total machine hours, to see how new or used the machine is, so you can see whether it is as it was advertised to be.