Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Importing data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Importing data (/Thread-Importing-data)

Importing data - rayks - 12-22-2013

I just updated my computer, i thought i'd backed up everything, but obviously not, the rescan data is missing.

Sleepyhead still contains all my data from the last year or so. Can someone tell me how i can export the sleepyhead data into Rescan?

I've tried everything i can think of, but no joy.

On a separate note, when I try and export resmed data I get the following error:

ExportPatient [D:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\] Caught Exception ...]

any ideas, can anyone explain what I should be doing? the exporting of Resmed data is secondary, important thing for me is getting the old data back (From Sleepyhead)

Thanks

RE: Importing data - Sleepster - 12-22-2013

As I recall, that's not going to be possible. I could be wrong but I think the downloaded data stored by SH is not in the same format as it is in ResScan.

RE: Importing data - DeepBreathing - 12-23-2013

(12-22-2013, 11:49 PM)Sleepster Wrote: As I recall, that's not going to be possible. I could be wrong but I think the downloaded data stored by SH is not in the same format as it is in ResScan.

Sleepyhead uses the raw data out of the machine (.edf and .crc files). ResScan saves the data as .rlk files in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\yourname

You could try saving your SleepyHead data onto an SD card then see if ResScan will read that. I'd try formatting the card in the S9, then copying all the old files from SH into the datalog directory on the card.

Good luck!

RE: Importing data - drgrimes - 12-23-2013

I was just digging around in the file folder of both. Sleepy head looks to keep it's data files in the folder called Resmed_serialNumber, under your patient name. BUT notice there is a sub-folder also in that folder called backup. Another sub-folder called datalog, just like on your SD card. Inside the datalog folder is a full set of EDF files with all the corresponding data. SO, it looks like Sleepyhead does an automatic backup for us. By the way the EDF files is what Rescan reads off your SD card.

So, Sleepster is correct in that the two programs use different file formats, but SH keeps your original data backup up. Good luck!!

RE: Importing data - drmick3 - 12-23-2013

(12-23-2013, 07:30 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I was just digging around in the file folder of both. Sleepy head looks to keep it's data files in the folder called Resmed_serialNumber, under your patient name. BUT notice there is a sub-folder also in that folder called backup. Another sub-folder called datalog, just like on your SD card. Inside the datalog folder is a full set of EDF files with all the corresponding data. SO, it looks like Sleepyhead does an automatic backup for us. By the way the EDF files is what Rescan reads off your SD card.

So, Sleepster is correct in that the two programs use different file formats, but SH keeps your original data backup up. Good luck!!

Blink
You must think I'm a read dunce, but I need drgriimes to clarify that when he copy/pastes a folder/file (to backup that day's SH data) that he copies "Profile" from the SD card itself OR does he copy the file within it that is named the name he used when he first set up SH

I have three three days of SH backup data copied from the SD Card in my computer card reader and when I got into SH to Import either 1) Profiles from a couple of days ago 2) my name in SH [drmick3].

The only two Import options I have in SH are a) Usual Place b) New Location. Since the Usual Place is the SD Card Slot I point to in Windows Explore, I have tried New Location and Browsed to where I have the backups in a sub folder in c:\My Documents\SleepyHeadData\SH[date of backup]. In that subfolder I have a Profiles folder and drmick3 file (setup name in SH]

Even though I am browsing to previous days, every time I highlight either Profiles or drmick3, I get a popup message that says "couldn't find any new Machine Data at the location given."

Since importing copy/pasted data is successful for many Forum members, can someone tell me, again what to do, and/or where I'm going wrong?
Sleep-well