Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
s9 without humidifier? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: s9 without humidifier? (/Thread-s9-without-humidifier)

s9 without humidifier? - AJLAND - 12-28-2013

Been searching the archives, but no luck. I use a Resmed S9, and want to try it without the humidifier. How do i do this? Obviously i need something?

RE: s9 without humidifier? - robysue - 12-28-2013

You disconnect the humidifier from the blower unit and hook the hose to the air outlet that is on the side of the blower unit. This air outlet is usually hooked into the humidifier unit, which is why you don't see it when the blower and humidifier are hooked together.

RE: s9 without humidifier? - zonk - 12-28-2013

Once you remove the water tank, push the the release button (black button) to separate the humidifier from the machine and connect the hose (not climate line) directly in the machine

RE: s9 without humidifier? - AJLAND - 12-28-2013

Wow, i feel really stupid nowWink I assumed there would be an adapter. Thanks much!

RE: s9 without humidifier? - zonk - 12-28-2013

Not everyone use humidifier but I cannot use CPAP without the humidifier
Breathing cold air would definitely upset my nose

RE: s9 without humidifier? - GreyParrot - 01-01-2014

I use my S9 with no humidifier. Works fine for me. Full face mask.

RE: s9 without humidifier? - boar - 01-02-2014

Yeah I struggled, hot or cold without the humidifier.

Though, i am using the slime line hose it is showing humidity rather than when I use the winter hose, it shows me the temperature which is set at 26 degree but with humidity it is currently set at 3. What is the prefer choice?

RE: s9 without humidifier? - xxl - 01-05-2014

Boar - The Climate Line hose actually has a heater built right in to the hose and this is what you set the temperature for. It is supposed to help prevent rain out issues along with heating the air that YOU breath in. As far as what is the preferred setting for temp and humidity, that all depends on your personal preferences and how you want to set them for your comfort. I use my climate line all the time and I have my machine set for 72f with humidity at 4. Again, this is what I like and most likely it would be too cold for others.

RE: s9 without humidifier? - JimZZZ - 01-06-2014

(12-28-2013, 03:12 PM)zonk Wrote: Not everyone use humidifier but I cannot use CPAP without the humidifier
Breathing cold air would definitely upset my nose
I find heated air oppressive especially when I initially turn on the device. It feels like I am in the jungle with an octopus on my face. Cool air seems like a mountain breeze. Yes, I live in my head.

I am using the humidifier on the S9 but do not turn on the preheat feature. Can anyone tell me why the screen turns orange when the S9 is started. I suspect that is the heat feature so I push the knob down to turn it back to blue/white. Am I right?

RE: s9 without humidifier? - zonk - 01-06-2014

H5i has the orange light when it's warming and the blue lights when not
Edit