Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
all numbers ?? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: all numbers ?? (/Thread-all-numbers)

Pages: 1 2

all numbers ?? - libbyau - 01-14-2014

Cant make sense of it have my first readout from the Resmed s9 Hi5 machine??

Therapy mode: Autoset
AHI & Al evernts/hr : Apnea index: 0.6 Central: 0.3 AHI: 1.5

Obstactive: 0.3 Hypopnea index : 0.9

can anyone help to make sense out of it Oh-jeez
is it good or bad. going to see the doc on thursday with all the results I will get from the machine on thursday morning. But bit worried.

RE: all numbers ?? - DeepBreathing - 01-14-2014

Hi libbyau - it looks pretty good to me!

The numbers refer to the average number of events per hour:

AI = apnea index = average numbers of apnea events per hour (central plus obstructive)
HI = hypopnea index = average number of hypopneas per hour
AHI = apnea hypopnea index = AI + HI

Your target is an AHI below 5 - you're well below 5, off to a very good start.

The obstructive apneas occur when your airway collapses and you can't force the air through. Your chest will be pumping, but nothing gets through until you wake up gasping. A central apnea is when the message from your brain to your chest muscles is interrupted for some reason. You "forget" to breathe, until you wake up gasping. The apnea index is the sum of the central and obstructive (and sometimes there are undefined apneas where the machine can't work out what type you're having).

RE: all numbers ?? - PaulaO2 - 01-14-2014

Acronyms/abbreviations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

And those numbers are great.

RE: all numbers ?? - Tez62 - 01-14-2014

Libby, the 1.5 is the one you want below 5 as DeepBreathing said which is very good. So what it is saying is that you stop breathing on average per hour 1.5 times an hour, if you compare that to the 27 you were having at your sleep study, it puts it into perspective more. You may never get it to '0' but that is the goal. Different things effect it from weather, meds etc etc etc. Can you tell us the model of S9 you have, it is next to the power button, it will either be an Escape, ELite or Autoset, you may want to update your profile with the model next to your Resmed S9

RE: all numbers ?? - Peter_C - 01-14-2014

AND... what little centrals you have may well just go away on their own as your body becomes used to the machine.

What *I* wanna know is what about your leak rate? Smiley face or frowny face?

RE: all numbers ?? - zonk - 01-14-2014

(01-14-2014, 07:02 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Smiley face or frowny face?
Smiley face... a little bird told me Coffee

RE: all numbers ?? - libbyau - 01-15-2014

(01-14-2014, 07:02 PM)Peter_C Wrote: AND... what little centrals you have may well just go away on their own as your body becomes used to the machine.

What *I* wanna know is what about your leak rate? Smiley face or frowny face?

smile face Smile

RE: all numbers ?? - libbyau - 01-15-2014

(01-14-2014, 02:57 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Libby, the 1.5 is the one you want below 5 as DeepBreathing said which is very good. So what it is saying is that you stop breathing on average per hour 1.5 times an hour, if you compare that to the 27 you were having at your sleep study, it puts it into perspective more. You may never get it to '0' but that is the goal. Different things effect it from weather, meds etc etc etc. Can you tell us the model of S9 you have, it is next to the power button, it will either be an Escape, ELite or Autoset, you may want to update your profile with the model next to your Resmed S9

AutoSet Easy Beathe

RE: all numbers ?? - Tez62 - 01-15-2014

That's good you have the same machine as a lot of us on here, good luck with your appointment today and give us an update

RE: all numbers ?? - olmate - 02-25-2014

Hello All

Sorry to butt in but i didn't want to start another thread
I am hoping you can tell me what all this means
They are the numbers for my first night on the machine

AHI 9.58
Hours per Night 09:23
Average Pressure 9.68
95% Pressure 12.26
Average Leaks 2.73
95% Leaks 12.00

Thank You