Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Invalid SD card please help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Invalid SD card please help (/Thread-Invalid-SD-card-please-help)

Pages: 1 2

Invalid SD card please help - StaceyG - 01-18-2014

Please help me. I have severe sleep apnea and my machine just died. The power went out and now when trying to start it it says invalid sd card erase all data which I can't seem to do by pressing any buttons on the machine. I don't have a card reader...nor do I care what is on that thing... I just want to sleep!!! Will it work without the sd card???

RE: Invalid SD card please help - retired_guy - 01-18-2014

(01-18-2014, 11:26 PM)StaceyG Wrote: Please help me. I have severe sleep apnea and my machine just died. The power went out and now when trying to start it it says invalid sd card erase all data which I can't seem to do by pressing any buttons on the machine. I don't have a card reader...nor do I care what is on that thing... I just want to sleep!!! Will it work without the sd card???

I had a similar issue. It told me to remove the card and then the machine would work. It won't keep records of course, but it should run for you.

RE: Invalid SD card please help - StaceyG - 01-18-2014

I am so afraid to go to sleep without it!

(01-18-2014, 11:36 PM)StaceyG Wrote: I am so afraid to go to sleep without it!

The card doesn't run the machine. The machine writes information to the card. If it works without a card, it should be fine.

Try fixing the card again. When you get the error message, it asks if you want to erase all data? It defaults to "no" which if you press the button tells you to remove the card. You can change the answer to "yes" by turning the dial, then making the selection.

Without the sd card it keeps shutting off!!!! Ack!!!
Maybe if I start cursing at it loudly, it will work!!!!
I was pressing yes and no on the screen!!! Bahahaha I will give it a try!

Then continue to try to fix the card. By the way, make sure you haven't accidentally set the "lock" on the side of the card. It's a tiny switch that sets it to lock.

Ok I got to the point where I am erasing all data
That's some progress!

Also, unplug the machine from the wall, let it sit a few minutes then plug it back in. It may simply need it's "mind changed."
(01-18-2014, 11:48 PM)StaceyG Wrote: Ok I got to the point where I am erasing all data
That's some progress!

OH! Good job that! I think you're on your way to nighty-night.

Ok now it is shutting off and saying H5i lid open please close flip and press any key??? What does that mean??? Any key? H5i lid?
I had it unplugged for 20 minutes while trying to read through the very inadequate information that came with the machine! Thank you so much for helping me!!!!
I read somewhere where you lick and unlock the card and insert and remove many times and I am trying that in desperation as well.
Ok not lick....grrrrr...lock

And still no luck!!!