Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResScan 4.3 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResScan 4.3 (/Thread-ResScan-4-3)

Pages: 1 2

ResScan 4.3 - GreyParrot - 02-04-2014

I'm finding this version a little flaky. It's developed a problem
where it hangs downloading the info from the SD card. It just stays
at 0%. Most of the time I have to shut the program, then re-open it
not select a patient. Then I insert the SD card the screen pops up
with patient and "view data" button. That works about 75% of the time. Then it hangs with an "do you want to overwrite data" I say
yes, then all is OK. Sometimes it works normally, some days I have to
try numerous times. Eventually it always works. The previous program
didn't do any of this.

In addition I didn't listen to PaulaO2 the first time about locking and
unlocking the SD card and that is why when reinserting the SD card
into the CPAP it asked to erase data all the time. When I followed
PaulaO2's instructions it ceased doing that. Windows must write
something to the card when unlocked reading it.

RE: ResScan 4.3 - herbm - 02-04-2014

(02-04-2014, 12:33 PM)GreyParrot Wrote: I'm finding this version a little flaky. It's developed a problem
where it hangs downloading the info from the SD card. It just stays
at 0%. Most of the time I have to shut the program, then re-open it
not select a patient. Then I insert the SD card the screen pops up
with patient and "view data" button. That works about 75% of the time. Then it hangs with an "do you want to overwrite data" I say
yes, then all is OK. Sometimes it works normallyh, some days I have to
try numerous times. Eventually it always works. The previous program
didn't do any of this.

In addition I didn't listen to PaulaO2 the first time about locking and
unlocking the SD card and that is why when reinserting the SD card
into the CPAP it asked to erase data all the time. When I followed
PaulaO2's instructions it ceased doing that. Windows must write
something to the card when unlocked reading it.

I have only imported with it about 6-10 times in the 4 days that I have had my machine.

Once, Rescan acted similarly to the way you describe during import/download -- it just hung part way through.

All I did was cancel and restart the download and it worked.

During the same time (same insertion), SleepyHead download worked fine so it wasn't like a problem with the SDCard or insertion etc of the card.

Not too big an issue for me (on Window 2012-R2 which is essentially Win 8.1).

Likely you OS is MORE supported than mine even but you might want to mention the OS version and how you have the card inserted.

RE: ResScan 4.3 - PaulaO2 - 02-04-2014

Windows shouldn't be writing anything to it on its own. Some programs may try or want to. Like viruses and the like.

Do you have an anti-virus scanning it? I used to have mine (AVG) set to scan any external drive that plugged in. I began having problems so to narrow down the variables, I turned that off. A lot of the problems have settled down. Between that and locking the card, undocking it before I remove it (or flip the switch since I use a hub), I've not had any issues since.

(02-04-2014, 03:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Windows shouldn't be writing anything to it on its own. Some programs may try or want to. Like viruses and the like.

Do you have an anti-virus scanning it? I used to have mine (AVG) set to scan any external drive that plugged in. I began having problems so to narrow down the variables, I turned that off. A lot of the problems have settled down. Between that and locking the card, undocking it before I remove it (or flip the switch since I use a hub), I've not had any issues since.

PaulaO2, that is a good idea.

I have heard people saying that Windows is writing to their SDCard and somehow messing it up that sounded very improbable.

I have NOT been locking mine and it is just fine after a bunch of trips back and forth from APAP machine to computer.

RE: ResScan 4.3 - me50 - 02-04-2014

You don't want to overwrite your data when importing your data from the card. You want to discard it.

(02-04-2014, 11:32 PM)me50 Wrote: You don't want to overwrite your data when importing your data from the card. You want to discard it.

It is likely important to clarify this -- and the message on the screen as many people are not likely to understand it; I didn't for a couple of times.

"Overwrite EXISTING data", i.e., on your computer OR "discard DOWNLOADED data for all DUPLICATE downloaded sessions", i.e., coming from the SDCard.

It's REALLY asking: Do you want to overwrite what you already have or just load the data from the card that you don't have yet?

Generally it does make sense to accept the second option. Once the data is on your computer you probably don't (ever) need to download THAT same data again and only want the new stuff.

It's NOT very clear -- both options SOUND bad: Overwrite or Discard

RE: ResScan 4.3 - Nozzelnut - 02-05-2014

I've had a couple of download hangups too; I just cancel that download and click it again. It goes through without any problems.

I usually overwrite data. On the download popup screen, it has the options buttons; I have it set at 5 detailed days and those seem to be the ones being overwritten when I upload daily. If I were to wait the 5 days or adjust the options, the overwrite shouldn't show up; I think.

RE: ResScan 4.3 - PaulaO2 - 02-05-2014

When you overwrite, you are losing a lot of data you once had. The S9 keeps detailed data for 7 days. On the 8th, the oldest day loses some data (flow rate) and the new day is added. Rinse, repeat. On day 30, the oldest day loses pert near everything but AHI, pressure, and hours used. You can see those numbers in the summary page but when you click the detailed data tab, it will say there's nothing there.

RE: ResScan 4.3 - zonk - 02-05-2014

[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Select "All available data", you can set it as default option so you don,t have to worry about next download

RE: ResScan 4.3 - JimZZZ - 02-05-2014

ResScan is hard; SleepyHead is easy. And SleepyHead gives me all the information I need so I am sticking with SleepyHead.