Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask (/Thread-SleepWeaver-Advance-Nasal-CPAP-Mask)

Pages: 1 2

SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - serg770 - 02-06-2014

I bought a nasal mask one year ago. I have used it 40-50 times this year. According to instruction I have washed it after each use as it should be. But now white inner layer of tissue impregnation has been crumbled and the mask is freely breathable and as the result does not hold any pressure. Is it possible to repair this mask? What should be made with mask in order to make it keep the air and pressure? Because the mask itself is not cheap, but at the same time it is very comfortable to travel with it beceuse of its small size. What should I do? Could you give me some peace of advise? Any useful information.

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - SuperSleeper - 02-06-2014

Hi Serg,

Not sure this would help, but it can't hurt if the mask is already badly damaged. My dad swears by Epoxy adhesive (the kind that you mix with two different tubes). He's repaired a couple of his masks and tubing this way. Just use a paper plate to mix on and a wooden tongue depressor stick for mixing-- quickly but carefully spread and mold the epoxy all over the area that's leaking and smooth it out.

For additional strength if needed, he would also quickly integrate several layers of a thin cotton-based thread within the wet epoxy and the cotton would soak it up and add to the overall firmness and strength of the repair job.

Let it dry for several hours before use. It will become stiff as a board, so make sure you don't use it on areas of the mask that need to be flexible. oldman

[Image: sy-qs_l.preview.jpg]

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - SuperSleeper - 02-06-2014

Serg, also, it looks like the mask has been improved with a new type of seal recently. Not sure if your year-old mask had this, but they're now selling the mask with an "Improved Zzzephyr Seal". Your old one probably isn't the updated version, since they now state (below) that the seal has been changed from light gray to black in color.

Supplier #1 from the Supplier List is currently offering the updated versions for $89.00. Realistically, most CPAP masks are not designed to last more than one year of nightly use.

Here's more info on the updated features:

Quote: Improved Zzzephyr Seal

The SleepWeaver Advance Zzzephyr Seal has been enhanced by reshaping the seal. The improved seal offers a better fit for a wider range of faces. Additionally, the color of the seal has been changed from light gray to black.

Redesigned Soft Headgear

SleepWeaver Advance headgear is soft yet durable. The material pulls moisture and heat away from the user to enhance comfort. Colorful tab attachments are easy to adjust. The design of the headgear offers the needed stability to support the unique inflatable cloth mask. An extended adjustment strap offers an additional four inches on each side and the top, allowing SleepWeaver Advance to comfortably accommodate both large and small heads.

Updated Exhalation

Responding to feedback, Circadiance has updated the exhalation holes for quieter operation. Additionally, the exhalation holes have been reconfigured to offer just the right amount of exhalation without omitting a disruptive amount of air.

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - trish6hundred - 02-06-2014

Hi serg770,

Usually, masks don't last a year but I know some people use them for that long because masks can be very expensive.
It is recommended that you change them much sooner than that. Good luck on getting as much mileage as you can on your mask.
BTW, WELCOME! to the forum.!

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - serg770 - 02-16-2014

(02-06-2014, 07:48 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi serg770,

Usually, masks don't last a year but I know some people use them for that long because masks can be very expensive.
It is recommended that you change them much sooner than that. Good luck on getting as much mileage as you can on your mask.
BTW, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Thank you! As for the mask, I am very far from the U.S., and in my country it is expensive.

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - serg770 - 02-16-2014

(02-06-2014, 04:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hi Serg,

Not sure this would help, but it can't hurt if the mask is already badly damaged. My dad swears by Epoxy adhesive (the kind that you mix with two different tubes). ........................................................................................................................
It will become stiff as a board, so make sure you don't use it on areas of the mask that need to be flexible. oldman
Thank SuperSleeper! This is good advice, but for the stationary parts. I'll know about it.
BUT need advice for flexible fabric. It is in a flexible fabric showered white layer.
Can permeate the fabric with wax? There are other tips? Sorry for my english. Smile

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - Galactus - 02-21-2014

If you are just looking for the headgear you can find it on eBay at less than $20. I had posted links for you but my post was removed as we aren't allowed to post a link (which I was unaware of). However you can find it there. My company which has nothing to do with cpap supplies ships all over the world, and I could likely get it for you delivered for less than $25 USD. If that would help you please feel free to private message me and I would be happy to help you out.

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - PaulaO2 - 02-21-2014

Links are allowed, just not links to commercial sites, no matter what the type of site.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Admin-Note-Apnea-Board-Rules

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - me50 - 02-22-2014

(02-06-2014, 03:28 PM)serg770 Wrote: I bought a nasal mask one year ago. I have used it 40-50 times this year. According to instruction I have washed it after each use as it should be. But now white inner layer of tissue impregnation has been crumbled and the mask is freely breathable and as the result does not hold any pressure. Is it possible to repair this mask? What should be made with mask in order to make it keep the air and pressure? Because the mask itself is not cheap, but at the same time it is very comfortable to travel with it beceuse of its small size. What should I do? Could you give me some peace of advise? Any useful information.

I don't know about this mask but can you just buy a new cushion or whatever part of the nasal mask you are having issues with? What have you been using besides this mask? Seems it would be less expensive, less work and a lot safer to do that. The cushions aren't as expensive as buying a whole new mask kit.

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask - vsheline - 02-23-2014

Hi serg770,

I think office supply stores still sell "rubber cement" in a small bottle with a built-in brush in the top. It is a glue which dries rubbery and flexible.

I would consider using as little as possible, using a very thin and nearly invisible coat. And perhaps I would not use on the outside surface of the mask where the rubber cement might contact my skin, in case the rubber cement (even when dry) may irritate skin.

Take care,
--- Vaughn