Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? (/Thread-Tubing-how-often-do-you-replace-yours)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - eviltim - 03-03-2014

Just curious. I've been using the same tubing I started with for the last few months. It's Resmed ClimateLine. I was cleaning it today and I noticed there is definitely a small leak where the mask's hose goes. I don't know that it's enough to really impact anything but I'm going to swap it out anyway since I have a spare.

For those of you who've been at it for awhile, how long do you find the tubing lasts?

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - Peter_C - 03-03-2014

I use plain simple tubing, nothing fancy. I swapped mine out simply because the old one was very old (like 5+ years old)...it wasn't leaking or anything - just looked really old...

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - trish6hundred - 03-03-2014

Hi eviltim,
I use the heated hose and I have been using the same one for the last two years, "I clean it regularly.)
My hose doesn't have any leaks in it and if I were to notice leaks, I would change it.

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - justMongo - 03-03-2014

The climateLine is a different animal than many of us use. I use the standard 22mm by 2 meter hose. I'll keep a spare on hand; and use mine perhaps a year. I do clean in with vinegar and water.

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - PaulaO2 - 03-03-2014

The first ClimateLine I had was a sturdy beast. The ones I've gotten since then are wimpy. Nearly all of them get holes before the cold season is over.

I don't like keeping hoses for long. I get new ones as often as my DME sends them to me. When I get a new one, I wash the old one very well then soak in vinegar for a bit, air dry, and hang it looped over a hanger. I toss the one prior to that. Not always, but usually. Depends on the condition of the other.

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - PollCat - 03-03-2014

I use a plain 10-footer and try to (remember to) replace it every year; i definitely replace it when it springs a leak.

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - me50 - 03-03-2014

I use a climate line and I change it every 3 months. I had one that didn't spring a leak but something happened to it b/c my mask hose kept coming out of it so I tossed that one. I have about 4 that I changed out and were not leaking so I decided to keep them for spares. I am now thinking about tossing 3 of them just b/c they are in the way

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - trish6hundred - 03-03-2014

Here's what I do to preserve the silicon end that the mask gose into. When I clean my parts on Sundays, I take a dishrag, )ones that I have designated for CPAP usage only,) and I gently scrubthe inside of the end where the mask gose and it keeps it tacky. It works for me, every time it's tried.
Edit: I don't do that with the end that gose into the machine, because it twists into place and doesn't need to be scrubed, end edit.
Edit 2: Another thought, if you use standard tubing, I would recommend gently scrubbing both ends because the end that gose into the machine doesn't twist into place. end edit 2.

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - jgjones1972 - 03-03-2014

I used my last ClimateLine for about 15 months. It never developed any leaks, but the coupling that slips onto the mask elbow wore down to the point that I was sometimes accidentally pulling it loose.

I still carry that one as a spare.

I've been trying to be more gentle with the current one.

RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours? - eviltim - 03-04-2014

(03-03-2014, 09:41 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: I used my last ClimateLine for about 15 months. It never developed any leaks, but the coupling that slips onto the mask elbow wore down to the point that I was sometimes accidentally pulling it loose.

I still carry that one as a spare.

I've been trying to be more gentle with the current one.

You might be right about that one. I disconnected it to go to the bathroom this morning and I noticed I was pulling pretty hard on the tubing instead of the actual seal. I'll try to be better with this one and hopefully it'll last a long time.