Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download (/Thread-S9-Recording-Error-After-First-Data-Download)

Pages: 1 2

S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - bbiddix - 03-15-2014

I installed the ReScan a few days ago and made my first download on Mar 11. I have Windows 8.1, and I did not lock the data card. When I reinserted the card it was erased , and the data rewritten. (I answered "yes" to saving the data I believe.) Ever since then the S9 Auto has not been reporting the data properly. (I have since locked the data card for the last 2 downloads.) On the 10th the usage had been 7 hrs 16 min which was correct. On the 11th the usage was 13 hrs 8 min, the 12th was 24 hrs, and the 13th and 14th have no data reported. There is also only one day of detailed graphs. (I tried to attach the Mar 10-to-current-date report that I just ran which should have included the 13th and 14th but does not, but the file was too large.) Obviously the data for these nights were added to the 11th and 12th, and the S9 did not reset for the "Last Night" recording. The "Last Night" readings do not disappear during the day as before, but remain visible when the data button is pressed. Can someone please tell me what went wrong and what I can do to correct the problem. Thank you.

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - justMongo - 03-15-2014

Most people with Windows 8.1 are reporting similar problems when they forget to lock their SD cards.
Recovery of detailed data may not be possible as it's on the card.
Summary data is on the machine.

You may get a better answer -- but the key is to not insert an unlocked SD card in the computer.

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - MAPnea - 03-15-2014

For the first time ever I forgot to "lock" my SD card and when I re-inserted it into my ResMed S9 I chose to "erase" the SD card and re-write the card.  I was able to insert my SD card into my Windows 8.1 program the next morning and all information appeared normal.  I use SleepyHead, so I'm not certain about ReScan.  My only suggestion would be to download the SleepyHead program and use that instead of ReScan.  Here's the link to SleepyHead:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/

Welcome to the Board, bbiddix, and stick with it!!  There are a lot of helpful, supportive "hoseheads" here and I'm certain someone will come along to answer your question about your SD card and ReScan.

And remember - donate to ApneaBoard.  Any amount helps!!

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - retired_guy - 03-15-2014

(03-15-2014, 08:55 PM)bbiddix Wrote: On the 11th the usage was 13 hrs 8 min, the 12th was 24 hrs, and the 13th and 14th have no data reported.

This is a concern... I would start by unplugging the Resmed and plugging it back in after a few minutes. It's possible the data on the card is too compromised to allow it to be used as well. But the problem is the 13 hours and the 24 hours thing. The machine seems confused. Rebooting it (unplug/replug) hopefully will solve that.

An easy way to reformat that card if you need to is stick it into your computer unlocked again, then back in the Resmed. It'll clean it right up.

The Resmed will always remember it's summary data. It's just the last weeks worth of detail stuff that's kept on the card. So, one week from now (after you reformat) and you'll never know it happened.

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - trish6hundred - 03-15-2014

Hi bbiddix,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - bbiddix - 03-15-2014

For the first time ever I forgot to "lock" my SD card and when I re-inserted it into my ResMed S9 I chose to "erase" the SD card and re-write the card.  I was able to insert my SD card into my Windows 8.1 program the next morning and all information appeared normal.  I use SleepyHead, so I'm not certain about ReScan.  My only suggestion would be to download the SleepyHead program and use that instead of ReScan.

Welcome to the Board, bbiddix, and stick with it!!  There are a lot of helpful, supportive "hoseheads" here and I'm certain someone will come along to answer your question about your SD card and ReScan.

And remember - donate to ApneaBoard.  Any amount helps!!
[/quote]

Interesting, SleepyHead reports data for Mar 12, 13, and 14 but none prior to the 12th.  Thank you for replying.

(03-15-2014, 09:42 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi bbiddix,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.

Thank you!

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - bbiddix - 03-15-2014

(03-15-2014, 09:38 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 08:55 PM)bbiddix Wrote: On the 11th the usage was 13 hrs 8 min, the 12th was 24 hrs, and the 13th and 14th have no data reported.

This is a concern... I would start by unplugging the Resmed and plugging it back in after a few minutes. It's possible the data on the card is too compromised to allow it to be used as well. But the problem is the 13 hours and the 24 hours thing. The machine seems confused. Rebooting it (unplug/replug) hopefully will solve that.

An easy way to reformat that card if you need to is stick it into your computer unlocked again, then back in the Resmed. It'll clean it right up.

The Resmed will always remember it's summary data. It's just the last weeks worth of detail stuff that's kept on the card. So, one week from now (after you reformat) and you'll never know it happened.

I did reboot the S9, but "Last Night" is still 24 hours. Will see what happens tonight. Thanks.

(03-15-2014, 09:10 PM)justMongo Wrote: Most people with Windows 8.1 are reporting similar problems when they forget to lock their SD cards.
Recovery of detailed data may not be possible as it's on the card.
Summary data is on the machine.

You may get a better answer -- but the key is to not insert an unlocked SD card in the computer.

Thank you.

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - zonk - 03-15-2014

did you change the time recently (check time and date are correct, am & pm) some people reported double session with daylight saving

does the S9 display the same thing? you already tried rebooting, the other thing was going to suggest, erase the data but that would mess-up compliance data for your insurance so might be best contact your provider and let them fix it

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - justMongo - 03-15-2014

(03-15-2014, 10:34 PM)zonk Wrote: did you change the time recently (check time and date are correct, am & pm) some people reported double session with daylight saving

does the S9 display the same thing? you already tried rebooting, the other thing was going to suggest, erase the data but that would mess-up compliance data for your insurance so might be best contact your provider and let them fix it

Zonk:

Hey Mate... how do you erase the data -- menu screen on the S9 -- or just erase the files on the card while in the computer SD card reader?

BTW -- I was in Australia years back. In the Northern Territory near Alice Springs.

RE: S9 Recording Error After First Data Download - PaulaO2 - 03-15-2014

SleepyHead won't have show any data prior to the 12th because the card was reformatted. The data that the machine re-wrote on there for those prior days isn't enough for SH to "see". Even in ResScan, if you started with a brand new profile, you wouldn't see any detailed data, just the summary report.

ResMed S9s stores detailed data for 7 days, loses the flow rate for day 8 - 30, then has nothing but compliance data for day 31 - 365.

When it drops the flow rate on day 8, it takes with it the flagged events which must drop all graphs with it.

To make sure you get all of your data, you need to download at least once every 7 days. I download every Wednesday and Sunday, that way if I forget one day, I'll get it the next.