Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I put a new mask cushion on last night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: I put a new mask cushion on last night (/Thread-I-put-a-new-mask-cushion-on-last-night)

I put a new mask cushion on last night - justMongo - 03-20-2014

Not the first time I've done that. For some reason it didn't feel the same. It's a genuine ResMed part. It sort of dug into my right cheek a little, and my leak rate went way up. It feels thinner; and doesn't seal as well as my former cushion. I hope this is not a sign of quality reduction.

I don't want to jinx it -- but, my machine seems to be behaving.
I did a power reset on it Monday afternoon; and for two nights it's been reporting my AHI on screen; and has event data for ResScan.
I think it takes more than a few seconds to reset. Must be a big capacitor that needs time to discharge in order to reset to machine.

RE: I put a new mask cushion on last night - Franklyspeaking - 03-20-2014

(03-20-2014, 06:05 PM)justMongo Wrote: Not the first time I've done that. For some reason it didn't feel the same. It's a genuine ResMed part. It sort of dug into my right cheek a little, and my leak rate went way up. It feels thinner; and doesn't seal as well as my former cushion. I hope this is not a sign of quality reduction.

I don't want to jinx it -- but, my machine seems to be behaving.
I did a power reset on it Monday afternoon; and for two nights it's been reporting my AHI on screen; and has event data for ResScan.
I think it takes more than a few seconds to reset. Must be a big capacitor that needs time to discharge in order to reset to machine.

That's a bummer about your mask. I find a good face washing before bed helps secure the gel mask to my face. Lately it seems less tightness on the straps helps helps mine to seal. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. It seems like everything costs more, but less quality. They want us to buy more.

My machine was acting up yesterday. I put my mask on and no air. It was complaining about my heated hose. I checked it and it was fine. I unplugged and plugged back in and all was good.

Is your machine pretty new?

Good luck hope all works out.

RE: I put a new mask cushion on last night - justMongo - 03-20-2014

(03-20-2014, 06:35 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: That's a bummer about your mask. I find a good face washing before bed helps secure the gel mask to my face. Lately it seems less tightness on the straps helps helps mine to seal. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. It seems like everything costs more, but less quality. They want us to buy more.

My machine was acting up yesterday. I put my mask on and no air. It was complaining about my heated hose. I checked it and it was fine. I unplugged and plugged back in and all was good.

Is your machine pretty new?

Good luck hope all works out.

Yes, my machine has about 50 hours on it (6 nights.)
The serial number indicates it was made in 2013.